X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME PLAY: Trespassing.

I have a suggestion about changing the way border trespassing is
    handled.

I think that units that violate players borders should be visible.
    But an extra movement order added called "stealth movement".
    Perhaps the unit using the stealth movement would move slower or "fragile to harassment".

Also try to stop a supposed ally keep breaking the non-trespassing agreement(usually in the same square over and over). I know SLIC was used to 'patch' this feature
    But it would be better if the AI could deal with borders(and agreements) in a better way.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Another idea is too have an option to negotiate for borders and possibly some sort of a neutral zone.
      The neutral zone can maybe be a empty zone between borders.

And building a wall around your nation with public works could be fun

Comment

In CTP1 I used to build the high mountains to block advancing units. That was fun as well, was looking like a wall around myself

Comment

why stop there when i played my moded games "max slaving" I had on city on a mounting range on an island so no one could get me
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

I disagree. I a unit of another civ is on your teritory, but covered by fog of war, you simply don't know about it. In antic times borders were not so fixed or clear.

We can have a trick - you can attack the tresspassing without automatic penalty (unless is a diplomat) and the intruder have the option to declare war on you or (especially if you kill the intruder) claim that the intruder did it on its own and it not followed its government orders. This way there is a chance that you don't start a war that you don't want, but still kill the intruders. On the other side of the story, you can probe someone's teritory with a lower risk of getting in war with that civ.
            "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
            "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

Originally posted by Mihai
              you can attack the tresspassing without automatic penalty (unless is a diplomat) and the intruder have the option to declare war on you or (especially if you kill the intruder) claim that the intruder did it on its own and it not followed its government orders. This way there is a chance that you don't start a war that you don't want, but still kill the intruders. On the other side of the story, you can probe someone's teritory with a lower risk of getting in war with that civ.
              that is such a tight idea
              i think this should be implimented

Comment

I like the negotiation idea but to add a little deceit and stealth (and guerrillas) I think most units should be invisible unless seen.

And there should be a unit command/flag like patrol that basically lets the unit automatically expel anunit that is an X square radius (it can increase over time with technology)
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
                  And there should be a unit command/flag like patrol that basically lets the unit automatically expel anunit that is an X square radius (it can increase over time with technology)
                  I think that it would be better just to implement the patrol order, otherwise the command is made too powerfull.
                  "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
                  "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

Originally posted by E
                    I like the negotiation idea but to add a little deceit and stealth (and guerrillas) I think most units should be invisible unless seen.
                    Isn't it already the case?
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

But an extra movement order added called "stealth movement".
                      This is a good idea, however i think in industrial/modern eras/units should not have this ability (except uncoventional units) and stealth planes etc (and its ability would be obsolete later in the game)

However post modern eras, something like a stealth tank (Chamelon Tank ?) would be cool

You could amass fleets right outside an enemies capitol without them knowing (of course it would have its disadvantages)
                      Oxygen should be considered a drug
                      Tiberian Sun Retro
                      My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                      http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

I like the idea of a chameleon unit which looks like a small stack.
                        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                          I like the idea of a chameleon unit which looks like a small stack.
                          Isn't it easy to do? Simply give the unit the same ability as the stealth fighter (except flight, of course ).
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes that’s SMIFFGIG idea my idea is to have a unit which looks like 5 or 6 war walkers as apposed to the one unit it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X