DESIGN: New Unit Abilities request thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all great ideas except i think the medic is a ridiculous idea

a single unit (say legion) represents a entire battilion of men. When that unit loses infantry it is represented as health lose

So in effect the "Medic" would not only have to be an army of medics to have any effect, but they would also have to have the abilty of ressuructing the dead (or magically recruiting more men on the spot !?)

Not a good idea IMO

the fact that units heal in cities is fine and makes much more sense as they get more recruits from within the city
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

SMIFFGIG,

I think some ideas are out there to give modders more options for scenarios etc and not just for the main epic game...

and the medic may depend on the detail of logistics people are looking for. moving units around etc. I really can't say muc else b/c I think bigMC, who proposed it, had other ideas for it...
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Yes I did.

I know a lot about history and I know at the end of almost every battle you have walking wondered these are people who are injured but not dead. There is also equipment that can be salvaged. By fixing these items you can heal a unit quicker (ok not like in a city ) a unit with a medic will heal twice as fast as a normal unit on the battle field. There could also be a field which allows moders to alter the amount of health a unit improves.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

The way SMAC did "Precision Targeting" was with Probe Teams -- Saboteur/Spy type units that you have to infiltrate a city with, and can do things like increase the drone riots (increase unhappiness for you non-smacers), sabotage base facilities (its easier to "just stir things up in there", but you can try and sabotage a specific facility), conduct genetic warfare to drastically lower the population of a city, steal research information, steal the maps, assasinate research personnel (in order to get rid of all the tech points that city had accumulated..)... quite fun! very useful units. Does CTPII have anything in it like that? Could you guys add something like that?

Comment

Working...
          X