Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Success

Originally posted by vovan
    Don't know if anyone cares now, but I have successfully compiled the game on Visual Studio.NET just now. (That's .net 2002 + sp2, not 2003.)
    thats strange, i havent been able to locate a service pack for visual studio .NET 2002
    do you have a link?

Comment

I managed to get the source to compile and i even played a few turns.

ill recreate it in a few days time, document it properly and make a patch with the code.

Comment

I have made a codepatch containing all that is needed for compiling in .NET.
        Thank you for making it possible guys

Someone please confirm that it also works outside my computer.

Here is the readme

Instructions for compiling CTP2 in .NET

Please note that this code patch is based on 2004.06.05.CTP2.All.zip
        To achieve 0 compile errors the multiplayer part of the game has been modified and is now broken, please dont use it.
        The fact that this example uses C:\ for all installs is no coincidense.
        You can use other drives (i normaly use E:\ without problems) but please use one drive for everything.
        Information collected and codepatch made by Klaus Kaan. As always im standing on the heads of giants.

First of all start by installing CTP2 to C:\CTP2 or whereever you want it, if you dont install it to C:\CTP2 please make corrections accordingly.

Download the files "DirectX 9.0 Software Development Kit Update (Summer 2003)" and "DirectX Media 6.0 SDK" from microsoft and installed them in these directories:

DirectX sdk: C:\DX90SDK
        DirectX Media sdk: C:\DXMedia

Pick up the sourcecode patch from Activision on Apolyton and install it to C:\CTP2

Create the directory C:\CTP2\ctp2_code\libs\directx\lib and copy the contents of C:\DX90SDK\lib into it

Create the directory C:\CTP2\ctp2_code\libs\dxmedia\lib and copy the contents of C:\DXMedia\lib into it

Pick up the latest sourcecode patch from Apolyton (currently named 2004.06.05.CTP2.All.zip) and extract the contents to C:\CTP2

Extract the contents of the DOTNET patch to C:\CTP2

Create the directory C:\tmp

In order to build, you need an environment variable named CDKDIR on your computer. In Windows XP/2000, go to Control
        Panel->System->Environment Variables, and add it, with it's value set to C:/ctp2/bin

Start visual studio and open the file C:\CTP2\ctp2_code\ctp\civctp.dsw
        It will ask wheather you want to convert to Visual C++ 7.0, select "Yes To All".

If you have visual sourcesafe installed there will be an error message concerning that the project isnt in it. select "ok" and then "Work disconnected".

In the solution explorer select the project "ctp2", right click it and choose "Set as StartUp Project".

Goto the menu Tools->Options

In the menu on the left hand side select "Projects" and "VC++ Directories".
        Platform should read "win32" and "Show directories for" should read "Executable files".
        Add a new line at the top of the list and point it to "C:\CTP2\bin".
        Change "Show directories for" to "Include files"
        Add these 3 lines to the top of the list:

C:\DX90SDK\Include
        C:\DXMEDIA\classes\base
        C:\DXMEDIA\include

Change "Show directories for" to "Library files"
        Add these 2 lines to the top of the list:

C:\DX90SDK\Lib
        C:\DXMEDIA\lib

Click the "Ok" button.

Goto the menu Project->Properties

In the menu on the left hand side select "Linker" and "Input".
        In the line "Additional Dependencies" change the entry "..\libs\anet\win\lib\anet2d.lib" to "..\libs\anet\win\lib\anet2.lib"

In the menu on the left hand side select "C/C++" and "Preprocessor".
        "Configuration:" should read "Active(Debug)".
        In the line "Preprocessor Definitions" add the definition DOTNET
        Change "Configuration:" to read "Release" (choose yes to save if it asks).
        In the line "Preprocessor Definitions" add the definition DOTNET

There, you should be all set now, good luck :-)
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X