Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been researching the missing SLIC function errors and I think the simple answer is that they just don't exist. IIRC more functions were added with the patch, and I think we are missing those ones. Does anyone know where I can find out exactly what functions were added, so I can check this theory?

Comment

• Yes, I've been looking into that as well, and I'm strongly getting the impression that our version of the code is in fact v1.0, not v1.1 as advertised.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Interestingly, I still have the "great_library.txt not found in asset tree" message when running either the Debug or Final build. Will try moving the files...
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Yup, I'm pretty sure we're dealing with the unpatched version.

Evidence 1:
          I'll post the list of SLIC functions from the patch below (from the XLS file on my old website), if I'm not mistaken all of these are missing from our source code, and I've seen error reports on at least some of these functions being missing when running the game with mods.

ArmyIsValid
          CanFormAlliance
          CityHasWonder
          DestroyBuilding
          FindCityToExtortFrom
          GetAgreementDuration
          GetAtRiskCitiesValue
          GetBioWeaponsCount
          GetBorderIncursionBy
          GetCounterProposalResult
          GetCurrentPollutionLevel
          GetDesiredAdvanceFrom
          GetDesireWarWith
          GetEmbargo
          GetLastBorderIncursion
          GetLastCounterResponseArg
          GetLastCounterResponseType
          GetLastNewProposalArg
          GetLastNewProposalTone
          GetLastNewProposalType
          GetLastResponseType
          GetLastThreatResponseArg
          GetLastThreatResponseType
          GetMostAtRiskCity
          GetNanoWeaponsCount
          GetNewProposalPriority
          GetNewProposalResult
          GetNextAdvance
          GetNuclearWeaponsCount
          GetPersonalityType
          GetPiracyIncomeFrom
          GetPollutionLevelPromisedTo
          GetProjectedScience
          GetRelativeStrength
          GetRoundsToNextDisaster
          GetStopResearchingAdvance
          GetTotalValue
          OpenBuildQueue
          PersonalityDB
          PlayerHasWonder
          RoundGold
          RoundPercentReduction
          SetEmbargo
          SetStrategicState
          TileHasImprovement
          WonderOwner

Evidence 2:
          One of the bugs solved by the patch was that if you pressed the Embargo button in the Diplomacy screen but then pressed Cancel on the final confirmation, the Embargo button would be disabled. The patched version of CtP2 in my regular game folder doesn't have this bug, but the home-made build from the source code does.

Comment

• Solver: if your ctp2.exe file is in e.g. c:\ctp2\source\ctp2_code\ctp, then the data folder should have the path c:\ctp2\source\ctp2_data (so at the same level as ctp2_code). This confused me as well, at first.

Comment

• Thanks Loc, that fixed it. I have just ran the Final build of CtP2 compiled on VC++6. Will now try a few things with it.

Comment

• Interestong... it keeps thinking for a while after I click new game, and then fails the CD check. I wonder...

Comment

• Solver, see the above posts by Fromafar and J Bytheway. Either move the exe file to your regular game folder (ctp_program/ctp), or move texture.dat from the regular game folder to the build folder (ctp_code/ctp).

Comment

• OK, I have gotten the CD check to succeed in two ways. One was copying the texture.dat, another was compiling a version that only does the CD check if Profylaxis is set to Yes.

Comment

• We have definatly the unpatched version of the game, I checked with a ressource ripper the version info of the files: The self build files are version 2.0 the file from the patch installer is version 2.1. So the question is where is the patch.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Sorry - wrong thread .

Comment

• I'm still having a problem I mentioned before: in the release and final build, the game crashed to desktop right after it has finished loading a new game. Right when the settlers are supposed to show up. In the debug build this bug does not exist, the game runs fine there

Am I the only one? What's the debug build doing the other's aren't (or the other way around)? I first suspected a problem related to the Assertion error on soundmanager mentioned earlier, but that's not it (for one thing because Assertions only exist in the debug build and not in final/release, that's the whole point of assertions; for another, because outcommenting or creating a proper soundmanager doesn't help). It seems to crash long before that, but I can't really seem to pinpoint the location in the source.

Comment

• I have now some versions that does crash when I start a new game and some that don't crash. The crashed occured afterwards I modified the rankingtab.cpp and rankingtab.h. And only the *.exe's built afterwards crash. Fortunatly I made backups before. So I replaced them with their original versions. But the game still crashs. Well that was 5 hour, ago. But I had to defragmentate my harddrive urgently. And now I should have only two altered files in addition to the altered sound files and the dummy mss.h that are altered. I am going to delete all the precompiled *.obj files and compile everything again, tomorow.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I made a new copy of the source code folder and started all over from scratch, but I'm still getting crahes in release and final (which have no alterations to their code at all, completely original, only the mss.h stub was added).

Comment

• Locutus: it could be due to compiler optimizations. As far as I have seen compiler optimizations are disabled in the Debug build. Dont know about Release though. It would be the first thing however that I would check.

ata

Comment

Working...
                                X