• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
    Code:
    --------------------Configuration: dbgen - Win32 Final--------------------
    Performing Custom Build Step on .\ctpdb.y
    'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

ctp2.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    You can, but you have to use the 8.3 versions of the names in the CDKDIR environment variable.
    how do I use the 8.3 version? I'm havingthis problem putting thecode on my laptiop because I put in the My Docs folder (and therefore documents and settings). I triedto move the code to just the C: but then the workspace couldn't find the files and wouldn't compile.

how can I switch to 8.3 or update the workspace s o it'll read the files elsewhere?

thanks
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
      how do I use the 8.3 version? I'm havingthis problem putting thecode on my laptiop because I put in the My Docs folder (and therefore documents and settings). I triedto move the code to just the C: but then the workspace couldn't find the files and wouldn't compile.
      Actually I would put the code in a folder for instance called: C:\Activision\CTP2\ or C:\CTP2\ or something like this.

Anyway to convert a name to the DOS 8.3 format you simply have to strip the spaces in the name and truncate it so that you have 6 caracters left and than add ~1. So your document folder becomes: C:\DOCUME~1\ that's it. On windows 98 you can also find its name in the properties. The only problem is that I doubt that you can use it on a Windows XP computer, but of course you can try.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• thanks Martin. Yeah I wont be able to do it on XP. How can I move my source folder and still have the workspace read it. Moving it makes it uncompilable.

Comment

• You should be able to do it on XP.

You can open a command window to get the 8.3 directory name (use dir /x to display it), though C:\DOCUME~1\ is most likely correct.
          To set environment variable CDKDIR, right-click My Computer and select Properties. At the pop-up, go to the Advanced tab and press the Environment Variables button. Press New, and enter name (CDKDIR) and value.

After restarting the PC, it will work.

Comment

• It won't compile for me. I get:
            Code:
            k:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\netshell\netfunc.h(154) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'NETFunc'
                    k:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\netshell\netfunc.h(33) : see declaration of 'NETFunc'
                    k:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\netshell\netfunc.h(333) : see reference to class template instantiation 'NETFunc::List' being compiled
            I thought this had been fixed by Fromafar's recent revision but it still doesn't work for me. Using Win32 Debug.
            Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
            -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
              You should be able to do it on XP.

You can open a command window to get the 8.3 directory name (use dir /x to display it), though C:\DOCUME~1\ is most likely correct.
              To set environment variable CDKDIR, right-click My Computer and select Properties. At the pop-up, go to the Advanced tab and press the Environment Variables button. Press New, and enter name (CDKDIR) and value.

After restarting the PC, it will work.

now I'm getting something like this:

Code:
              --------------------Configuration: dbgen - Win32 Final--------------------
              Performing Custom Build Step on .\ctpdb.y
              /cygdrive/c/Docume~1/ecodes~1/MyDocu~1/svncode/trunk/bin/byacc: f - cannot open "/tmp"
              Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

ctp2.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
              i changed the cdkdir to the director above? was this correct

the /tmp I assumed was also the TMP found in enviro variable so I changed the local settings\ path listed there to read as 8.3 as well but still had this problem. Man, it wasn't this tough before...

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                the /tmp I assumed was also the TMP found in enviro variable so I changed the local settings\ path listed there to read as 8.3 as well but still had this problem. Man, it wasn't this tough before...
                No, the tmp is not the tmp found in the environment variable. The tmp has to be created in the root directory of the hard drive. Maybe you should reread the source code readme.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I don't see it in the readme posted here:

EDIT: but now that I added it. It compiles, well except I get the same errors that tombom reported.
                  Last edited by Ekmek; September 25, 2006, 15:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                    [...] Man, it wasn't this tough before...
                    Actually, it was . Have a look at the sequence of posts in this thread starting at 26-06-2005, and remember to check the order of the DirectX/DirectShow directories in your linker settings .

Are the compiler errors with MSVC6, using revision 640 or newer? If so, can you report whether it will compile when you replace the 7 occurrences of
                    Code:
                    typename NETFunc::List<T>::iterator
                    in netfunc.h with
                    Code:
                    typename List<T>::iterator
                    (i.e. remove the NetFunc:: part)

Comment

• Fromafar I think it solved those errors but I'm getting a ton more this is with 641

Code:
                      civapp.cpp
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(54) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
                      display.cpp
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(54) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(60) : error C2039: 'hMon' : is not a member of 'DisplayDevice'
                              C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(38) : see declaration of 'DisplayDevice'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(72) : error C2065: 'LPDIRECTDRAWENUMERATEEX' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(72) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'pfnEnum'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(72) : error C2065: 'pfnEnum' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(81) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'GetProcAddress'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(88) : error C2100: illegal indirection
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(320) : error C2039: 'hMon' : is not a member of 'DisplayDevice'
                              C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(38) : see declaration of 'DisplayDevice'
                      vidplay.cpp
                      C:\DXMedia\classes\base\ctlutil.h(439) : error C2504: 'IBasicVideo2' : base class undefined
                      C:\DXMedia\classes\base\sysclock.h(23) : error C2504: 'IAMClockAdjust' : base class undefined
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(82) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(135) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(167) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(181) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(181) : error C2501: 'IDDrawExclModeVideo' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(181) : error C2501: 'm_pDDXM' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(316) : error C2065: 'IDDrawExclModeVideo' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(316) : error C2065: 'pDDXMV' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(316) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(317) : error C2065: 'IID_IDDrawExclModeVideo' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(324) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(328) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(331) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawSurface' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(335) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(336) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(339) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(430) : error C2065: 'IMixerPinConfig2' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(430) : error C2065: 'pMPC' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(430) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(432) : error C2065: 'IID_IMixerPinConfig2' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(435) : error C2227: left of '->GetColorKey' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(441) : error C2227: left of '->SetAspectRatioMode' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(442) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(462) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(470) : error C2227: left of '->GetNativeVideoProps' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(477) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(491) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(504) : error C2227: left of '->SetDrawParameters' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(511) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(521) : error C2065: 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(521) : error C2065: 'pCallback' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(522) : error C2448: '' : function-style initializer appears to be a function definition
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(661) : error C2065: 'm_pDDXM' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(686) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(816) : error C2065: 'pDDXM' : undeclared identifier
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(816) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(825) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(829) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(832) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawSurface' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(836) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(837) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(841) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(1122) : error C2227: left of '->SetDrawParameters' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(1133) : error C2227: left of '->GetNativeVideoProps' must point to class/struct/union
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(1142) : error C2448: '' : function-style initializer appears to be a function definition
                      aui_directui.cpp
                      ..\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                      ..\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      ..\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      ..\ctp\display.h(54) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
                      aui_directx.cpp
                      ..\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                      ..\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      ..\ctp\display.h(43) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                      UnitControlPanel.cpp
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\UnitControlPanel.cpp(550) : error C2374: 'unitIndex' : redefinition; multiple initialization
                              C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\UnitControlPanel.cpp(487) : see declaration of 'unitIndex'
                      CityEspionage.cpp
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(129) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                              C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.h(55) : see declaration of 'InventoryItemInfo'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(129) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(205) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                              C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.h(55) : see declaration of 'InventoryItemInfo'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(205) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                      graphicsresscreen.cpp
                      citywindow.cpp
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(428) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(428) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(853) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                      C:\...\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(853) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                      Generating Code...
                      Error executing cl.exe.

ctp2.exe - 78 error(s), 11 warning(s)

seems like video error messages and they didnt crop up before. it looks like its linked to the dxmedia but its the same filed i installed on my desktop
                      Last edited by Ekmek; September 25, 2006, 16:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar

Are the compiler errors with MSVC6, using revision 640 or newer?
                        They were. With the newest revision it's all fine. Thanks

oh maybe not

K:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywi ndow.cpp(428) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                        k:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywi ndow.h(65) : see declaration of 'InventoryItemInfo'
                        K:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywi ndow.cpp(428) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                        K:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywi ndow.cpp(853) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                        k:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywi ndow.h(65) : see declaration of 'InventoryItemInfo'
                        K:\source\ctp2source\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywi ndow.cpp(853) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                        Last edited by tombom; September 27, 2006, 08:04.
                        Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
                        -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

• with 643 I'm still getting these errors:

Code:
                          --------------------Configuration: ctp2 - Win32 Final--------------------
                          Compiling...
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ot'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Og'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Oi'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Op'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Oy-'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
                          debugcallstack.cpp
                          Generating Code...
                          Compiling...
                          Verify.c
                          Generating Code...
                          Compiling...
                          WldGen.cpp
                          ldl_attr.cpp
                          ldl_data.cpp
                          ldl_data_info.cpp
                          ldl_file.cpp
                          ldl_memmap.cpp
                          netfunc.cpp
                          Generating Code...
                          Compiling...
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ot'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Og'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Oi'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Op'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Oy-'
                          Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
                          civapp.cpp
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(61) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
                          display.cpp
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(61) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(60) : error C2039: 'hMon' : is not a member of 'DisplayDevice'
                                  ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(45) : see declaration of 'DisplayDevice'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(72) : error C2065: 'LPDIRECTDRAWENUMERATEEX' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(72) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'pfnEnum'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(72) : error C2065: 'pfnEnum' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(81) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'GetProcAddress'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(88) : error C2100: illegal indirection
                          ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.cpp(320) : error C2039: 'hMon' : is not a member of 'DisplayDevice'
                                  ...\ctp2_code\ctp\display.h(45) : see declaration of 'DisplayDevice'
                          vidplay.cpp
                          C:\DXMedia\classes\base\ctlutil.h(439) : error C2504: 'IBasicVideo2' : base class undefined
                          C:\DXMedia\classes\base\sysclock.h(23) : error C2504: 'IAMClockAdjust' : base class undefined
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(88) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(141) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(173) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(187) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(187) : error C2501: 'IDDrawExclModeVideo' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.h(187) : error C2501: 'm_pDDXM' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(316) : error C2065: 'IDDrawExclModeVideo' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(316) : error C2065: 'pDDXMV' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(316) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(317) : error C2065: 'IID_IDDrawExclModeVideo' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(324) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(328) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(331) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawSurface' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(335) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(336) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(339) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(430) : error C2065: 'IMixerPinConfig2' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(430) : error C2065: 'pMPC' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(430) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(432) : error C2065: 'IID_IMixerPinConfig2' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(435) : error C2227: left of '->GetColorKey' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(441) : error C2227: left of '->SetAspectRatioMode' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(442) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(462) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(470) : error C2227: left of '->GetNativeVideoProps' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(477) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(491) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(504) : error C2227: left of '->SetDrawParameters' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(511) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(521) : error C2065: 'IDDrawExclModeVideoCallback' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(521) : error C2065: 'pCallback' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(522) : error C2448: '' : function-style initializer appears to be a function definition
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(661) : error C2065: 'm_pDDXM' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(686) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(816) : error C2065: 'pDDXM' : undeclared identifier
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(816) : warning C4552: '*' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(825) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(829) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(832) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawSurface' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(836) : error C2227: left of '->SetDDrawObject' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(837) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(841) : error C2227: left of '->Release' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(1122) : error C2227: left of '->SetDrawParameters' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(1133) : error C2227: left of '->GetNativeVideoProps' must point to class/struct/union
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\aui_utils\vidplay.cpp(1142) : error C2448: '' : function-style initializer appears to be a function definition
                          aui_directui.cpp
                          ..\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                          ..\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ..\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ..\ctp\display.h(61) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HMONITOR'
                          aui_directx.cpp
                          ..\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hMon'
                          ..\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'HMONITOR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          ..\ctp\display.h(50) : error C2501: 'hMon' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
                          CityEspionage.cpp
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(129) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                                  ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.h(65) : see declaration of 'InventoryItemInfo'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(129) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(205) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                                  ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.h(65) : see declaration of 'InventoryItemInfo'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityEspionage.cpp(205) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                          graphicsresscreen.cpp
                          citywindow.cpp
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(428) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(428) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(853) : error C2275: 'InventoryItemInfo' : illegal use of this type as an expression
                          ...\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp(853) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
                          Generating Code...
                          Error executing cl.exe.

Comment

• The HMONITOR, etc. errors look like they're caused by misordering of DirectX include directories.

Comment

• how should it be ordered. I did it a compbination of ways I still get 70errors

Comment

• dxmedia/classes/base
                                dxmedia/include
                                directx/include
                                and then the various MSVC ones that exist by default

Comment

Working...
                                X