Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GENERAL: How about we contact Activision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENERAL: How about we contact Activision...

...and ask of the progress of the CtP code base release?

We should:

a) gather 15-20 votes,

b) ask from Dan or Markos to intermediate,

c) include Pyaray's and/or Mr Ogre's vote(s).

Now that Mr Ogre is done we know nothing about what is happening with the code. Not to mention that the entire thing might remain within Activision indefinitely unless we show that we're still interested and looking forward for the code.

What do you say?

I think Mr Ogre might be more help since he knows who exactly he turned it over too
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Yes, Mr Ogre could ask for a small status report about the release, he doesn't work anymore for Activision but he still has the right contacts. By the way where is Mr Ogre?

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I agree Mr Ogre would be the best guy to go through with these matters. After all, who at Activision would you want to contact? I doubt Tech Support knows anything about this...

As for Mr Ogre, he hasn't been online (on Apolyton) in the last 10 days or so, but that's normal for him. I think I'll contact him later this week or so. Gotta talk to him anyway, so might as well ask him if he happens to know anything about this as well...

Either way, I would count on all of this to take a while. Especially if lawyers are involved these things tend to be time-consuming. I'm not counting on hearing anything more about this for at least a couple of weeks -- if not longer.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Might as well, the CTP2 forum seems to be in a state of suspended animation while everyone waits for the source code.

Comment

I wouldn't dare to bother Mr Ogre too much.
            He has already done much and he's a busy man.
            It would be great if he would keep contact with Activision but that is something that is up to him.

My intention with this post was not only to get news for the progress but mainly keep alive Activision's interest to release the code. I am pretty sure that it is not a top priority for them and if no active communication exists it could easily be buried to the ashes.

Personaly I am not in a hurry as long as I know that there is some progress, even slow. Besides there are lot of things to do first.

Comment

Yes activisison must now release the code of this forum will be dead.

The code at the moment is now keeping the forum alive and at the same time dead if activision keep the code indefinitely they will lose out we are all hanging out for the code which is staling the mod making community.

The other thing we need of actovsion is the unused ctp units I know of two which could be in a ctp alpha testing version some ware which could spring a hole and leek

We need the code to fix the game and units to stimulate the modd making community again

But if activision don’t hurry up we will lose the chance we have of reviving the ctp2 forums which I have noticed is slow lately.
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

it might just be slow because Civ3 conquests is coming out soon and some CTP2ers "go both ways"
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

IMO, Activision must somehow be informed that we are still waiting for the source code to be released if we don't want the release to be indefinitely postponed until the company decides it has the time to spend some resources on something that is not supposed to earn money... which means never as far as private companies are concerned.
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

but they could earn big time if they realise the source code for ctp 2 and the ctp forum kill of civ3 activision will have the a good hole in which to stick ctp3 which come on has got to give them some big capital with the looks of civ3 successes

(unrealistic mode)

What if activision is looking at all the ctp and ctp2 stuff and realising the none code aspects of it too

(/unrealistic mode)
                    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
                    X