X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not .

Strat. resources.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

craaaaap.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Want more?

RoP agreements. Air mission system. Great Leaders.

Comment

CTP2 already has great leaders and ddi before Civ3 was released IIRC, although they dont do much without a working veteran effect.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Well, I obviously mean Civ3-style GLs.

Comment

Probably the only way I could help at the moment is testing which is an importent part once the code starts getting changed! We musn't create more bugs than we fix!

Well the "who" is seems to be getting sorted but what about the "how"?

What software engineering model would be best to use etc? (ie requirements-design-testing-implementation cycle etc)

Who would decide and draw up the requirements of what we're going to change etc?
              Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Hit me if I am wrong but wasn’t strategic resources in the allex scenario.

Only make elephants where there are elephants.
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

/me hits The Big Mc

Well, not quite. It was more, "only build elephants in these chosen (Indian) cities" If you could get hold of the settler and build a city next to (or even on top of) an elephant good, you still wouldn't be able to build elephants, since the cities that could were predetermined.
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    * Immortal Wombat hits The Big Mc

Well, not quite. It was more, "only build elephants in these chosen (Indian) cities" If you could get hold of the settler and build a city next to (or even on top of) an elephant good, you still wouldn't be able to build elephants, since the cities that could were predetermined.
                    Actually Strat resources can be implemented using a city-surrounding-tile-searcher function like the one i used in the city expansion code or the CityCollectingGood(city, good) (if it works) and make a unit/building/wonder only possible to be built in case of the presence of a certain good.

I thought on writting some code like this before but without a goo trade system we will never have those in a good level of strategy(if only they kept the CTP1 system at least). And thats why i never bothered.
                    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                    Kill all and you are a God!"
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Yeah, certainly. I actually did write quite a bit of code to that effect. I never used it because the AI hasn't a clue, and I don't think strategic resources are a particularly good addition to the game anyway.

Comment

it is the advance chart we rubbishes it without petrol man would have found some other full for his car gas or coal for instance
                        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Hay I am a king

Comment

my mistake now I am

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                              Yeah, certainly. I actually did write quite a bit of code to that effect. I never used it because the AI hasn't a clue, and I don't think strategic resources are a particularly good addition to the game anyway.
                              The Strategical Resources are an interesting concept but they are leading to one of the worst cheats in Civ3 where the AI sends settlers to colonize tiles holding Strategical Resources it don't have the tech required to spot.
                              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

No one else cares about AI fudging like you do Tamerlin... its a necessary evil for game challenge.

When we have real thinking machines, things like this won't be necessary.

Until then they are, unless you're playing checkers or something similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X