More than 8 civs in a scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 8 civs in a scenario?

The question is how to get more than 8 civs on a world map, and then saved as a scenario. I understand how to set starting locations, but when I try to load the scenario, it will only give me a choice of 8 civs, even if I have userprofile set to a higher number.

Basically I want to have a series of Cradle-based maps and scenarios to upload here, with settlers to start at historical locations... For some of the maps, I want to play with 15-22 civs.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

I wish I had an answer for you, because I look forward to playing your scenarios, but unfortunately I dont.

Comment

Problem solved...basically I have to place settlers and use them to build the cities in the editor. Only setting the starting points results in a player limit when loading the scenario, and I was running into some quirky issues when I used the city tile builder to create the cities. I was also running into problems having my militias move but then I remembered Immortal Wombat's slic file that he had created for me a while back that put a stop to that problem. This was a major hurdle because I probably would not have released anything if I could not get this last issue resolved.

At this stage I hope to release 3 maps using Cradle...the Mediterranean (15 civs - tentatively done), Asia (approx 12 civs) and the entire world (approx 22 civs), as well as a themed scenario that I want to keep under wraps at the moment. The maps are all done, but I have to do placement. Each civ will start with a single city in their approximate historical location...the undisclosed scenario will have more stuff. So far the testing has been good regarding AI expansion.

Cradle will be re-released as v4. It will be a full (clean) download, not a patch of earlier versions.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
        Cradle will be re-released as v4. It will be a full (clean) download, not a patch of earlier versions.
        Apolyton rejoice! Looking forward to it, thanks much.

Comment

Working...
        X