No announcement yet.

New Large Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok now that my city thresholds have been doubbled lets move on is there a way to tweek food production for tiles? this way cities can grow as large as real life. becasue in real life the greater cape town area has a couple million people. also the city region can be expanded further in a thing called CMSA (Combined metropolitan statistical area) here in the usa. but i dont have to worry about CMSA population casue the world map is africa so usally each city is a county eqivlent but i did notice that tunis, tunisha is including several county eqivlents called governates.

or will this game be like call to power 1 and the national population will just change when a new age begins? like renasance or what ever? id just like to know if i can tweek food growing per tile just incase it cant reach real life numbers.

also im also interested in the way to slow tech down if anyone in here has any expertise in this area.
    Last edited by jonathan1980; June 10, 2011, 00:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan1980 View Post
      ok now that my city thresholds have been doubbled lets move on is there a way to tweek food production for tiles? this way cities can grow as large as real life. becasue in real life the greater cape town area has a couple million people. also the city region can be expanded further in a thing called CMSA (Combined metropolitan statistical area) here in the usa. but i dont have to worry about CMSA population casue the world map is africa so usally each city is a county eqivlent but i did notice that tunis, tunisha is including several county eqivlents called governates.
      There are different ways to increase the production of tiles, you could just go into terrain.txt and tileimp.txt and increase the food what the terrain tiles and the tile improvements produce. There is also a setting in the govern.txt that determines how much the population needs to eat.

or will this game be like call to power 1 and the national population will just change when a new age begins? like renasance or what ever? id just like to know if i can tweek food growing per tile just incase it cant reach real life numbers.
      It won't change unless your cities grow, it is 10000 people per pop size, independent of age.

also im also interested in the way to slow tech down if anyone in here has any expertise in this area.
      You could simply increase the costs for a tech by editing the advance.txt.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

OK i dubbled the tech costs of every tech there was on the game and i incresed the food production of tiles. my goal is to make it where 100,000 people is very easy to reach in just about any enviroment except the cold polar areas. and i selected 100,000 people as a number becasue most small areas of a few thousand square miles in real life reach this amount and eventually grow to a few million people unfortunatly i still cant increase it enough becasue the amount of space that city areas take up is very hugh and usally they contain several million but in some reagons will be thinly populated in real life such as most of russia. and parts of russia are on several CTP2 maps i downloaded on apolyton so my goal is to test out how much better my tech changes and food production will be. so far i have not changed the tile improvement one.

Id like for you to tell me how to upload saved games so people can play my scenarios. i do think my Japan-korea one will be finished in the near future.

Comment

Id like for you to tell me how to upload saved games so people can play my scenarios. i do think my Japan-korea one will be finished in the near future.
          If you wanne upload you scenario, the best way is to put it into our download database, just browse to the right category where your entry fits in. Then click on add entry on the second menu bar and fill out the form there you can also upload your file.

By the way use the rar archive to compress you files, this makes smaller archives than zip, and the people who are interested in it don't have so much to download.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

my scenario is still in the creation process but im getting very far along right now . i have a scenario im working on right now and its called "north american campaign" and its set for the year 1902 AD these are the players

Americans
            canadiens
            cubans
            mexicans
            nicarauguans
            Dutch
            English
            French

i doubbled the cost of every single tech in the tech tree but some civilizations are still gowing too fast in technoligy they are getting a new tech each turn. so far the USA has 51 city territories and its only about 1/3rd fully colonized and my guess is that it will reach 150 cities or so when im ready to start in the year 1902. so ill have to make technoligies about 50% more exspensive for a total of 200% more exspensive in the original rules. and pretty sure it wont be enough but im increasing everything in small steps first.

is there a way to convert saved game files into Scenarios or can i just upload it as a saved game file?

becasue the made for play country is the united states and the goal is to conquer (occupy) nicaruagua by the year 1935 AD like happend in real life.

i made it the year 1902 so that i can have the Cubans as a player on the game. thing about the nicarauguans is they are the smallest only 4 city territoies and surrounded by non-playable civilizations called "barbarians" my theory is that long ago before 1902 AD in the 1800's its possible that the united provinces of Central america (1823 to 1838 AD )could have been considered something like a nicaraguan empire. but its the year 1902 becuase im certain that by this time that a single year is a single turn and in the year 1903 the american occupation of Cuba ends so i figured that 1902 would still be a good year to start a cuban civilization.

Comment

on this north america campaign thing i only incresed maximum cities by 100% .for instance democracy was 35 cites now its 70. but a few days ago i finally got the USA to 70 cites and there country is only about half finished so im going to increse max cities by another 50% so that democracy will be 105 cities also ill have to increse technology by a third and this will make it a total of 300% more exspensive over the orignial rules other than tweaking basic rules like these we discussed in this tread my scenario is going to not have any modding changes just some tweak changes. i did fill in most of Greenland and i was un-able to completly fill in greenland with towns becasue in real life the central portion of greenland does not have cities only the coastlal area but it is nessesary that i give it as many as possible becasue greenland is controlled by denmark and thats a non-playable country (barbarian). its nessesary becasue the hevily populated areas like haiti ,dominican republic or north venezuala or such contain populations that are un-reachable even with my exspanded food production rules. i even made it so forest tiles produce 5 food. im seeing my cities reach population 20 class but they then start to control giant regions. but martin its like you said theres no way to make they cities go into the millions of people like real life. but once im finished with the empire building phase ill look into the city phase. i noticed on the north america map that some giant metro aglomerations actually cover extreamly hugh regions on my game i was able to have both dallas and fort worth. and in los angeles i had its suburbs as san bernadino and ventura but im thinking of changing ventura to santa barbara. and in canada , toronto was separate from hamilton and a suburb of it was in the other direction on its east petersbourgh. ill be doing more research on major canadien towns but so far the eastern half of canada is mostly filled up.

Comment

i found the largest map possible

i now have the largest single map possible i downloaded the 400 by 400 earth map. but my version of the game could not handle it so it mutated it into a 200 by 400 sized map. not only that but the 400 size dimension was east to west. plus the 200 sized north-south space still shows the entirety of the world which means i could further modify the terrain to try to push some of the arctic ocean off the edge by making the land mass of eurasia or north america stretch further north. also i got a world war 2 game to work. it was on a 200 x200 sized map. in theaory every city on that map would have a counter part on the 200 by 400 earth. only differnce is the citys would all be in slightly differnt locations. i think the world war 2 scenario is the best one over all becasue it never got rid of any military unit types and it added as many as possible. so theres many types of land , water , and air units. but the thing is the i had to make changes to city ownership. the british controled one quarter of the earths surface in real life. there was some areas off map like canadien islands north of devon island no permenent population lives on these canadein islands but the british control them. a big chunk of green land is off the north edge of the map. there is a large section of antartica on the map but does not have mcmurdo-scot base which is controled by the americans in real life. altough has a suburb called scott base which is controlled by new zealand another british colony nation. but on this map mcmurdo is not located on map becasue this section of antartica is too far south. so its located in southern exo-world

this is my question how do i save all these territory ownership changes so i could begin the scenario like this instead? i had to get rid of gibraltar becasue it was trying to claim a hugh swath of spain and africa. its not like that in real life. also i got rid of Hong kong beacuse it was trying to control a hugh section of old kwang tung province . i fully built up australia and a few other places canada is not finshed yet. the british controled a quarter of the earths surface no need to give them even more with hong kong or gibraltar. plus thule greenland was too far north to be on the map. there were only 7 civilizations instead of the standard 8 player game. i changed the scope of neutral nations on my version its not just the neutrals but also the exile nation governments like dutch east indies (indonesia) and greenland (denmark). over all the british are still the largest but neutral nations are catching up in number of cities no empires are finshed yet. but i need to know how to save map changes so i can re-start the scenario with the political map in my version so its more balanced and realistic.

Comment

Working...
                X