Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to start when creating a new unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start when creating a new unit?

Ok, I gotten the tools and the materials to make a new unit.

But where to start?

To make a unit sprite read the tutorial that comes with the "Unit Creation Tools and Documentation", you can download that from here.

To add the unit to the game read the mod guide pdf starting on page 7, you can download that here.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'm looking for animated unit sprites and would appreciate any help. I have the unified sprite pack or whatnot but a lot of them are not animated. I have no talent in that area but it looks like I am going to have to start doing my own. I have a few questions if anyone would be good enough to answer them.

Are there any other games that people know of that I could take unit graphics and sprites from?
      Are there any graphics/sprites that people have that aren't included in the unified pack? Any direction that people could point me in for finding sprites off the Internet?

I am looking for a couple of naval units (a better fast patrol boat, modern destroyer, maybe a modern diesel electric), some better modern infantry units (something like a british para and marine; there used to be graphics like that but I can't find them anymore), an animated howitzer (the anti-air gun from the WW2 scenario is close but too small) and something that would pass as coastal artillery. I would like animation although I realise there may be a point where I start doing it myself, I am trying to explore every option before that as I will have to learn animation from scratch.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by slowmotionlight View Post
        Are there any other games that people know of that I could take unit graphics and sprites from?
        Sudden Strike, Blitzkrieg and Hearts of Iron series'.

Are there any graphics/sprites that people have that aren't included in the unified pack? Any direction that people could point me in for finding sprites off the Internet?
        Can't remember any offhand, but the internet is full of resources these days (was not so even 5 years ago), just google ww2 sprite, spritesheet etc.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
          Sudden Strike, Blitzkrieg and Hearts of Iron series'.

Can't remember any offhand, but the internet is full of resources these days (was not so even 5 years ago), just google ww2 sprite, spritesheet etc.
          Here is another question, what was the final verdict on converting Civ 3 unit graphics to CTP 2? I have found a couple of threads but they seem to be inconclusive and some of them I can't view at all for some reason. Did anyone end up automating it with a script?

Comment

Originally posted by slowmotionlight View Post
            Did anyone end up automating it with a script?
            No, there is no automating.

However here are a few units, probably not all converted stuff but maybe you can use them:

efww2spritesv2.zip
            efww2units.zip
            efww2units_2.zip
            newcolourwarinf_16sep2008.rar
            unitpack1.zip
            unitpack2.zip
            WonderSprites.zip
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
            X