Improvement VisionRange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement VisionRange

Hi. I've just come back to playing CTP2 again. One of the few things that I didn't like was that if you built roads you couldn't see what was on them. I've edited the files so that roads have a visionrange of 1. This works when a road is built, but after I reload a saved game, the functionality i gone. Does anyone know how to get this to work or is it not possible to do.

Thanks

I think Stankarp also had this problem with outpost tile improvements in Ages of Man mod, with vision disappearing after a while.

I remember testing it with forts in the original game and I think it had something to do with units moving over the improvement continually. Maybe you could run some tests.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Well, I would also look at the tile improvement that also give vision, all those have another flag: RadarRange. I think it couldn't harm to test it.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I tried the RadarRange, and that didn't help. I ended up adding

IntBorderRadius 1

This allows you to see one square on either side of the tile improvement.

Comment

I have a vague recollection that I tried this years ago and ran into problems when the road's owner was conquered or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
            I have a vague recollection that I tried this years ago and ran into problems when the road's owner was conquered or something.
            The vision effect should disappear, if you totally conquer the owner of the road.

However, if you lose the roads to someone else you should still see what is happening there.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
            X