Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquest of Mexico (another unfinished scenario)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest of Mexico (another unfinished scenario)

The scenario is about the Conquest of Mexico, first by the Aztecs, then by the Spanish. You control the Aztecs, and you must unite Mexico by war or diplomacy, then fight off the Spanish invasion.

Download

Requirements:

The game Call to Power 2
    Apolyton Edition patch (see my signature)

Features:

Human sacrifice!
    AI defending in forts!

As it says in the title though it is unfinished. What it is right now is a simple game with a couple of features.

To use human sacrifice select one of your cities and an alert will pop-up asking if you want to do it. You can disable this (as it gets annoying if you don't want to sacrifice every time you click a city) by clicking the happiness bar in the top right of the screen.

The AI civs have quite a few forts in strategic locations, and if the SLIC works properly, you should hopefully find it quite hard to break through these choke points.

I had just started the Spanish invasion SLIC, but basically they will land and give you a hard time, but that is about it.

There is nothing else really to the scenario yet. Although it does contain a complete Great Library, lots of different local resources, and some new units (which I alreayd posted). All it needs now is some more story SLIC events, message boxes, and lots of balance testing.

Feel free to download and tamper with it how you like.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

I thought I'd let you know that I played this for 20 turns or so.
    "

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Does the tech tree go beyond theology? i find the early units totally inadequate to mount an offensive against those fortified positions.
        "

Comment

I... can't remember.

The Aztec cities are the only native cities able to build a flanker (eagle knight), so you'll probably need to research eagle training first and mass some of those against the really tough forts. There are some cities and forts around you can take with weaker units though.

I made this before new combat was implemented in the AE though, so if you're using that it's quite possible some of those positions are unbreakable now.

Comment

Yeah, I was using new combat. The +100% or more defense bounus made it rather tough.
            "

Comment

Does someone still have a copy of this scenario? The download link doesn't work any more, and I'd really like to give it a go

Comment

I could email it to you, it's too big to upload here.
                "

Comment

You've done well, I definitely don't have it anymore

I'm sure I moved stuff from the geocities site when they warned it was closing but I can't remember what I did wiht it all.

Comment

im trying to create a non-modified scenario and im working on the north america map. im interested in the mexican empire in the 1820s just before the central american states broke away now the game can have up to 8 players and thing is i still want nicarugua as a player in the 1820s even though on both sides of it would be mexico this way nicaruagua could be like a autonamus province of mexico thats also independent. before mexican empire spanish controled most of the map. and by the year 1867 only controled Cuba and puerto rico. i do no how to get 27 civilizations on the north america map all i have to do is load a scenario with 27 civilizations then load the map of north america but the thing is the most number of civilizations on the map took place about 1854 when there was was also russians in alaska but only 9 civilzations was the maximum from 1820s to 1867 and thats only if canada was considered to be a civilization so early on but just for added fun i would consider hudsons bay company and the other parts except for newfoundland as canada this would make the english slightly less powerful and besides 9 civilizations would be very fun and callenging and just to see if a small fledgling USA could defeat a powerful mexican empire.

currently im developing the japan and korea map and its nearly finished but we are talkng about mexican civilization and how they would be powerful. it would also help if someone uploaded a map of central and carribean america with only a small portion of the USA this way mexico could be even more powerful and have many more cities also cuba and nicaruagua would finnaly have there biggest map for playability.

Comment

Working...
                    X