Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE Scenario: Civ3 Graphics Mod

Here is the latest version of my Civ3 Graphics Mod

It is NOT Call2Civ. This one uses the regular CTP2 game but instead has civ3 graphics for the terrain, most units, and the cities (up to 19 city styles).

Its set up to run as a scenario so install into your scenario directory.

I may have to make adjustments later, but so far I know its playable.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Playing a game with the new graphic features and its working well.No problems yet.I of course use your tile work in all versions as it brightens up things,looks more like a water painting.
    What about units from Civ4?

Comment

Civ4 uses 3-D models so I don't think I'll ever be able to convert them.

Glad its working out, report any weird graphic stuff I think I did this kind of quick so I figure I'll have to fix something

Comment

Theres a model viewer for the Civ4 units but I can't get it to a) show each frame frozen and b) stay positioned at the exact same angle, the isometric CtP2 angle.

If it could do that (it might but i havent found a way), we could screenshot each frame from each facing and make a conversion. This is how i did it with the units from Blitzkrieg to make the WW2 units, except I didn't do animations as there was so many.

I especially wanted to convert the gunship sprite from Civ4 because I don't think theres one with civ3 is there?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I was able to find some nice gunships in the civfanatics civ3 section Bebro especially.

here's my apache helo sprite from Call2Civ
          Attached Files

Comment

I haven't checked but is it animated? I'd probably only put the work in to do a fully animated conversion. That way we can use it in the AE mod (if the image quality is good enough aswell), as we need a good animated sprite for some kind of anti-tank unit.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

no its not animated but its only rotar blades so you really cant tell.

I do plan to start making all my civ3 units animated (it will take awhile). Now that I have server space to upload them (since they tend to be huge). Probably won't be complete until the end of this year. I could do the apache first if the current one isn't to your liking.

I'm also lookingto do animated resizes of Ctp2 units just to keep them uniform with civ3 stuff (optional of course). BUt this will be a long way off as well.

Comment

Working...
              X