Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    some nice Problems you came up with.
    As for the different "work in progress" we us the original ones or have to do some new ones for new Tileimps.
    That needs improving the txt file as well.
    The stoneroads. Let´s see if we can bring the roads back after we declare the stoneroads obsolete. BTW, you should have by now both tils. Is it possible for you to send me your other one, because the ingame til doesn´t correspond with my eyes
    As far as the overlapping of Roads and the other Transport Tileimps are concerned I have no Idea at the Moment. I gotta admitt I didn´t give this a look.
    For now I´ll try to get the Stoneroad working.
    Greetings
    Walter

Comment

A question to E

I know it´s a minor problem but nevertheless, in CTP I hills, mountains and their related border on beach terrain. This I miss in CTP II. Is there any possibility to make that happen.
      Walter

Comment

Walter,
        I don't have CTP1 :embarassed: could you post a screenshot that shows what you are talking about?
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi,

First thing I encountered altering the txt files.

What does 'Level' refer to? Can you only have one transport-type imp per level (for instance, only road for level 1)? In which case I would make Stone Road Level 2. It'll disappear before Railroad comes anyway.

How exactly does exclude work? I have a pretty good idea (what's in a name) but just want to make sure.

I already found some good looking graphics for the stone road (thank you Civfanatics!). Now I'll have to make some thumbnail version for the tileimp menu.

What do you guys think of my new nuclear explosion?

Greetz

Tellius
          Attached Files
          Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

Morning

I think you are right on that, not 100% sure right now.
            Yeah, yeah civfanatics has sometimes some real good stuff
            Looks very "bombig"

Walter

Comment

Forgot something

Exclude seems to replace an other Tileimp. For Instance if you have a Farm and build a road over it. Then you can see both. Now if you add the line Exclude:Farm to the Road Tileimp, it will simply replace the Farm.

Comment

Walter is right on the exclude it basically is the thing that determines whether or not stuff like roads goes on farmlands or replaces them. in Call2Civ I made railroads exclude things so you are not as likely to have railroad sprawl everywhere. but it only works by class and not individual tileimps

level, IIRC, is where the button row is on the tile bank so you'll see roads are level 1 railroads level 2 and maglevs are level 3 for the class road (which tells what column it is except terraform which uses columns)

Comment

Originally posted by Tellius

Any chance you know how to change the stacking order of tileimps? I hate it when roads go óver mines, quaries, pastures etc. Ruins the effect of some of the tileimps. I'd like roads to go under all other imps. Clicking on mapinfo will tell me movement cost, so it's not a big deal you won't be able to see roads immediately.
                  This really annoyed me too when I tried to make realistic looking suburban areas for a scenario, that weren't overlapped everywhere with ugly roads. I fixed it by just placing suburbs as Goods, as they're sprites, tile imps can't overlap them. I realise this doesn't help you much, but there you go. I really would like transport tile imps to go under all other imps, though not sure if this can be changed so easily.

Great work on the tile imps too.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

This overlapping Problem could have something to do with the class. Don´t know where this is determined, maybe in the source. Just a guess.
                    I tried to convert the Mountains from Tellius post an that´s the outcome,
                    Attached Files

Comment

check out my ekmek tile or tileedit. i had the same problem but fixed it by the way i set up my mountains etc.

Comment

Bryce CAN do the trick

Hi there,

Success with Bryce is on the horizon!

I created a true 'mountainrange' as we all would like to see with Bryce.

I made a 3x3 square of mountains, placed them close together so that one mountain gently goes over into the other (mountainranges). I then focussed on one mountain, making all others invisible. The immediate neighbours of the current mountain were set to 'negative boolean' meaning they subtract their contours from the soon to be rendered mountain.

Render.

Repeat for all mountains.

Result: A 3x3 mountain range chopped up in 9 perfectly fitting pieces. But the real challenge is setting up tile rules that the mountains line up exactly like they were meant to.

Keep you posted!

Tellius

Comment

Bryce is smarter than me!

Hi,

Even better news. As it turns out, Bryce is far ahead of me. I found a tiling tool. Basicly, what I described above can be accomplished even more simple by just placing one mountain range next to the other in 'tiling mode'. Creates nice flowing terrain, with impressive mountain ranges.

Now all I have to do, is figure out how I can make the game use them without too many new tile rules.

The game goes through the rules top to bottom, not sure where in the list I should place new tile rules...

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

Tellius,

if you send me the Graphics, I´ll see, what I can do.

Comment

For now, I'm stuck with stone road. I managed to alter some files, but when I wanted to change AOM_uniticon.txt, I had to insert some info like what tga to use, and what tga to use as thumbnail. I looked at Road for an example, and I just don't get it.

* it says FirstFrame uptp007l.tga First of all, what does First Frame mean, second of all, I can't find this picture anywhere. I did find an uptp007l.rim file in the ZFS file, but look it up, this can't be it.
                              * then there's a line called Gameplay TILEIMP_ROAD_GAMEPLAY
                              What does this mean, and does it refer to aonther file that has to be altered.
                              * Same question for Prereq TILEIMP_ROAD_PREREQ What does this mean and does it refer to a file that has to be altered?
                              * Same question again for Vari TILEIMP_ROAD_STATISTICS

I have to understand what these all mean before I can continue.

Any info would me very helpfull

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

Hi,

Just an example of what tiled terrain looks like in Bryce.

I deliberately put some distance between the tiles so you can see where one terrain starts and another ends.

In practice, I would render each tile individually, which would result in a batch of terrain graphics that would line up perfectly.

I know of course I'm going to have to cranck up the altitude differences, this was just an exercise.

Tellius
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X