Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they cant seriously think they can get 250,000$ from a community of fans... how can they make any more money off the game? they need to just give it up

Comment

I wonder with help from the one,s who put together CtP2 would help. With games like Civ4 ,Galciv 2 on the way there is a market for these kind of games.
      I know that a little while back Apolyton did interviews with some of the programers who gave their thoughts on the releasing of the source code so they know CtP2 is being updated.
      If any of them looked at Stans work I think that they would be very impressed.
      Would like to see one of them playtest AOM 3 and maybe give their thoughts on the code work Stan has done.

Comment

they cant seriously think they can get 250,000$ from a community of fans
        That was precisely the way I took it, i.e. Activision were never seriously interested in ever paying the fans back for the way the delivered then handled Ctp2.

Comment

i think i found a biplane

Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I will leave it to your judgement E. It is on of those site which for some reason my version of IE won't open the pictures.

Comment

4th Part of Audio Interview with Stan.

Last Installment of the ideas behind the Ages of Man.

Comment

The Draft AOM IIII readme is available from here.

Final polishing is under way for AOM III.

Comment

The Draft AOM IIII readme is available from here.

Final polishing is under way for AOM III.

Comment

I have just uploaded the revised AOM III update folder to here.

22 MB approximately.

Enjoy.

Comment

Okay on a neighboring thread they say the entire AOM III is out, which sounds also like what you are saying here. When I go on the website, which still has overlapping text showing on my browser, (I wrote Mr. Karpinski about this last year, the glitch evidently doesn't show on Australian browsers, me in US with MSN version of Windows Explorer 6; ) I get a file called "sprites" from one link and another called "tileset" from another.

This would appear to be new unit symbols and terrain, (nice,) but isn't there supposed to be a major revision between AOM II and AOM III? Is the "sprites" file that download?

Lack of evidently promised support from Apolyton does contribute to confusion as their links, when provided, are generally very clear-cut. I think its a shame if they are suddenly shunning this project. Maybe it got too big for their liking as Civ4 continues to struggle. (The v.161 patch substantially revised the game, virtually invalidating all prior "strategy" posts. 2K is suddenly beefing up the military aspect with the announced expansion "Warlords," after discounting it initially; player interest, the new multi-player format and possibly competition from this game all tended to pooh-pooh their "peaceful builder" game aspirations.) 2K may be putting pressure on them to bury it as it competes and maybe too old Activision hands who want CTP permanently dead.

A prompt response on the link issue from someone would be much appreciated. Also, did I hear it is recommended to finish all current AOM II games before downloading?
                      You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

This is a link to the AOMIII update file. At the time I did the original upload, some 5 months after adding the new units for the modern era, I forgot I had renumbered some older sprites to accomodate the new units. As a result, there were error messages due to sprites missing.

The above link will give you everything to play AOM III, installed over a full copy of AOM II.

The sprites folder was a temporary addition for people who had already downloaded the AOM III update. I will now remove it.

The tile file is Hexegonians preference, updated for 3 additional tile improvements for AOM III.

An yes, finish any games of AOM II before you install the AOM III update. Or do it in a separate folder.

Comment

Much thanks!

Comment

where can i get AOM III?
                            I have looked around and I can't find anything

Comment

oops sorry about that

Comment

Does that mean you found it? You need AOM II downloaded and installed first to install AOM III over certain files. Read the respective installation guides after the downloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X