This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stan,

the new frenzy and AI looks great. i was thinking of incorporating the frezy/navy stuff into a regular game. Any chance you know which slic files i need to add. frenzy and navy of course but the counter you have is great. is any of that stuff buried in other slic files?

thanks
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Unfortunately there is frenzy stuff buried in at least 6 other files and they have to be in script.slc in the right order or throw up errors.

Navy staff is also in at least 3 files.

Comment

Still Some Trouble With PW Requests

I'm having a bit of trouble with requests from other civilizations for PW. The money is being subtracted either before I can click NO or regardless of if I click NO. I haven't figured out which yet - maybe if I'm quicker on the clicker?

Anyone else having this problem?
        Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

My initial check of the code has shown up no problem. I thought I may have forgotten to set to 0 the requested amount if you say no. But that is fine.

The actual adjustment of pw and frenzy occurs at the start of the human turn.

Yes would welcome advice if any one else is having this problem. In many tests and 2 full games I did not observe the problem CB is referring to.

Comment

Within 24 hours I will be posting revised files for the later starting times for AOM II.

In addition, I have completed a new later starting time for AOM II, starting at 500 AD. This is after the Dark Ages so there is no major barbarian spawn around 300 AD, no Hun Invasion and no Dark Ages instability. Later, the mongols are much reduced and the duration of the Black Death is nearly halved.

All players start with more resources and most advances up to the Dark Ages. It is more like selecting a later staring age when playing Multi Player in the original game.

I suspect it will play like a completely different game, more cut throat. Frenzy level will rise initially because of certain events/advances the human already has.

Comment

500ad, thats great... really becomes another type of game then

Comment

The 500 AD start will be released untested as I do not have time to run a full test.

I am just checking the timeline and making sure it loads without errors.

Will welcome any feedback.

After I post tomorrow, I begin AOM III in earnest.

Comment

Due to lightening I had to shut down all computers for 12 hours.

I have uploaded the Later starting Date changes, a new 500 AD start game and a shorter version of the grand campaign (20% shorter). I have done my best to balance the timelines but they will not be quiet as good as the main campaign.

I also made a few other quick changes that are in the readme. Some of them were going to be in AOM III but as they were quick and easy, I included them in this release.

No one will ever say the KING is useless again.

Do not load these files if you want to finish your current game first. Changes to message strings will muck up your existing messages.

Enjoy.

Link; http://www.theagesofman.net/

Comment

Ages of Man Help?

I'm very interested in trying AOM. Is there a help forum specific to that mod? I'd post there if I could find one.

I've installed it, it runs, but then hangs when I try to launch a game after setting the options for my game.

(Out of town for Christmas, but hoping I can find help to run it when I get back home. Thanks and Merry Xmen to all! (My copout greeting to stay neutral in the culturally based War on Christmas exchange. heh)

Thanks.

Comment

stankarp,

I see that you added religion to AOM2. did you see mapfi's religion mod in the apolyton files. I think there might be some feature you'll want to add. but also I think the assigning a settler a "religion" function could be changed to add nationality to population (along with the population counter in the code) it could add yet more diversity to AoM. perhaps a migrant can keep the nationality and you can add the migrant to other cities and add to unhappinness and take money.

Comment

macishman

Is this after you have executed your first turn waiting for the AI? There is a hang time if you or ai enter ruins and get an advance or unit early in the game. By turn 250 the hang time is down to 2-3 seconds. But before turn 50 it can be 20 seconds plus or longer on older computers.

E. I did look at that and am developing the religion concept more for AOM III. But I did not want to go to one religion for every AI. There are already more cleric type actions with what I have done so I don't see the need for too involve other units such as migrants (which are ground units and have diplomacy implications if you move them into enemy territory).

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp

E. I did look at that and am developing the religion concept more for AOM III. But I did not want to go to one religion for every AI. There are already more cleric type actions with what I have done so I don't see the need for too involve other units such as migrants (which are ground units and have diplomacy implications if you move them into enemy territory).
                          Stan I agree that each Civ should not be a religion. I lokie your few religions better. The best stuff in the mapfi/pedrunn's stuff is that you can have mixed religion cities, and a message tells you percentages (I'm sure you can make that another button) and using clerics to convert the cities. So I'm looking forward to it.

As for AoM3 I'm really hoping we can get AoM and the playtest compatible. There is a lot in the playtest that can enhance AoM and vice versa. Also with AoM compatible with the playtest we can open some other options but modifying te code to add more to AoM. Maybe Martin Guhmann can help on how the strings can be matched.

Comment

Stan -

It's before I've even seen the map. Right after clicking on the "launch" button.

Comment

"It's before I've even seen the map. Right after clicking on the "launch" button."

I have never seen nor heard of this before.

Can only suggest you re install everything.

Where did you get your version (assuming it is AOMII).

Comment

E.

Refining religion to the ultimate and making AOM run on playtest are 2 top priorities with AOMIII, along with fleshing out the modern era, vassal states and proper coordinated stack attacks from the ai.

Comment

Working...
                                X