Apolytonpack mod:any updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolytonpack mod:any updates?

Enjoying playing this mod my on new computor(zips along no matter how large the map) its got one tough AI on the hightest level.
    Been awhile since I have played it. First game ended in less then 150 turns. Ai loves to hem you in with large stacks as they roam around your city and ready for the kill.
    2nd game im fairing much better (hard level) as I keep a eye out for any diplomatic problems that could cause a early war as well as defending borders to keep units from entering my area. Kind of land you settle is a factor as well.
    The 08 02 05 playtest AI to AI diplomacy has been the best of any of the mods. Not just always hate leading to war relationships. Seems more balanced like the AI is thinking before jumping into war. Also the limited time treaties is nice add on. Will any of the mods like Apolytonpack mod be updated to include these changes?

Why updating ApolytonPack? There wouldn't be much left:

GreatLibrary.txt (and we have a better one)
    civ_str.txt
    gl_str.txt
    info_str.txt
    The sprite files
    CM2_*.tga files
    age.txt
    agecitystyle.txt
    citystyle.txt
    civilisation.txt
    uniticon.txt
    concept.txt

come from CityMod2, CityMod3 is part of the playtest. So these files would be removed.

wonder.txt
    wondermovie.txt

address a problem that you don't get a warning about the first wonder in the database, this problem has been fixed and therefore these files are superflous.

pop.txt
    addresses a problem with the first entry as well, and this problem has been fixed as well.

terrain.txt
    The playtest has its own modified terrains. So no need for this file either.

soundfix.slc
    This functionality has been moved to tileimp.txt where it belongs to. Again this file is needless with the playtest.

ComImpSForAIs.slc again the AI of the playtest can handle tileimprovements better than this slic file.

advance.txt
    Partly from CityMod2, but the other changes that it contains aren't very desireable.

ImprovementList.txt
    isn't used by the game therefore no need for this file.

newsprite.txt
    gamefile.txt
    just for ModSwapper

battleview.ldl
    scenarioeditor.ldl
    Both files are already in the playtest.

script.slc
    we have a better one

Then the rest of the *.tga files mainly for the civ parchments, and probably with the redesign of the Diplomanager useless, and other *.tgas are for CityMod2. So an updated mod would fit into an attachment. And with that size I wouldn't call it ApolytonPack.

Left are now:

risk.txt
    I don't like this one, as it removes the chance of getting a city from a goody hut.

pollution.txt
    gw.txt
    const.txt
    These files adjust the pollution, that would be something that is left. And const.txt does an increase of the base happiness which I don't like and harms the AI more then it helps in my opinion.

DiffDB.txt
    well something that we could consider to use. And the main reason why the AI is stronger.

building.txt
    No idea what has been modified.

UnitBuildList.txt
    strategies.txt
    personalities.txt
    Goals.txt
    AI modifications, probably most of them interfere with the stuff in the playtest, some of them are identical. Most probably personalities might be usefull.

diplomacy.txt
    diplomacyproposal.txt
    Modified diplomacy files, no idea what is different and what is desirable.

airunit.slc
    We have nothing in like that but Peter's script file is better.

capital.slc
    Creates a palace in one of your cities if your capital is captured. Not in.

capturecity.slc
    Its functionality should be in the game out of the box, well maybe should be fixed if it works. Settings for that feature can be adjusted in const.txt at least that should be the case.

FortsForAIs.slc not in.

frenzy.slc not in, but our AI should be better.

KillCityOption.slc not in.

pw_cheat not in and shouldn't be in.

That's not much.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
    X