Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APOL_updater2 for MedMod2?

Hi,

is there a possibility to change the APOL_updater2.slic for MedMod2? It's good, updating the whole game long. Unfortunately I'm not good in programming and maybe there's an easy way to do this.

-CmD

Re: APOL_updater2 for MedMod2?

Originally posted by Commander D.
    Hi,

is there a possibility to change the APOL_updater2.slic for MedMod2? It's good, updating the whole game long. Unfortunately I'm not good in programming and maybe there's an easy way to do this.

-CmD
    Hi Commander D,

Sorry for the very, very late answer but I don't have the time to connect to Apolyton as often as before.

About your question, I don't see why you could not adapt the Updater2 to the Med Mod. As far as I know, you "only" have to create the unit arrays in the "Updater2" slic file and to follow the instructions given in the text files given with the Updater2. You don't need any programming skill at all.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: Re: APOL_updater2 for MedMod2?

Originally posted by Tamerlin
      As far as I know, you "only" have to create the unit arrays in the "Updater2" slic file and to follow the instructions given in the text files given with the Updater2. You don't need any programming skill at all.

"Only" is hard work.

Thx Tamerlin

Comment

I think there is a template for units and you just add the units you want to upgrade and the gold cost
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
          I think there is a template for units and you just add the units you want to upgrade and the gold cost
          That is exactly what you have to do, all the explanations are given in the text files.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I attach a first approximation to the code you need to paste in to make the updater work for MM2. I autogenerated this with CTPEd, so it guessed wrongly for a few of the units as to what the correct updgrade path is, but it's mostly right. If you run through it to sanity check it and then insert it in the appropriate place in the updater script you should have pretty much what you want.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi J Bytheway,

Are you sure that the MedMod needs a specific code ?

I thought that one only needed to modify the upgrade path and then add the line #include "APOL_updater2.slc" into the .slc file enabling it (it is called APOL_main.slc in the Apolyton Pack 2).

Comment

Man, I really wish I knew enough just to hard code upgrading.

But I was thinking the same thing as Tamerlin (good to see you back by the way)
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
                  Man, I really wish I knew enough just to hard code upgrading.
                  I understand your wish, I would like to be able to do so myself.

But I was thinking the same thing as Tamerlin (good to see you back by the way)
                  I forgot to tell Commander D. that he also has to include new strings in a text file. As I said it earlier, following the instructions given in the Updater2_Readme.txt should be enough.

Thank you E, but I don't think I will have the time to be as active as I were before. Unfortunately, I fear that my future contributions will be rather limited (I know nothing about coding) and episodic. But I will try to help if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                    I thought that one only needed to modify the upgrade path
                    The new upgrade path is precisely what I attached. That *is* code, albeit formulaic code...

Comment

Hi Commander D,

Did you manage to adapt the APOL_updater2 to MedMod2?

Comment

Working...
                      X