X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Medieval Pack 2

Hallo,

I have some questions about MedMod 2.

1. If I'm right-clicking on an unit, there are two strange orders, "AI clear orders" and "AI move". What do they mean? I read in the readme there are automatically reconfigurations of AI-orders, but manually ones?

2. In the popup-window of someone discovering the xy-advance for elite-units, don't appear the name of the unit but something like {unit[0] name} and some more strange text. I think it is from a MM2_XY.txt file (like in the german Apol-updater translation), but i don't know which one and how to correct this.

Thanks for your helping

Re: Question about Medieval Pack 2

Originally posted by Commander D.
    1. If I'm right-clicking on an unit, there are two strange orders, "AI clear orders" and "AI move". What do they mean? I read in the readme there are automatically reconfigurations of AI-orders, but manually ones?
    You can ignore them, I think they never did what they were supposed to do.

2. In the popup-window of someone discovering the xy-advance for elite-units, don't appear the name of the unit but something like {unit[0] name} and some more strange text. I think it is from a MM2_XY.txt file (like in the german Apol-updater translation), but i don't know which one and how to correct this.
    A screenshot about that would be helpful, but the first thing I would do is to reload slic, to do this just open the chat window by pressing the apostrophe key: ' And then entering /reloadslic

However I have no idea why this occurs as you should have started a new game. However if this doesn't help you have to search the string in the text files for the German version there are located in your ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ folder.

And by the way did you copy the files that come with Medpack2 in the according english folder to the german folder?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Re: Re: Question about Medieval Pack 2

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      You can ignore them, I think they never did what they were supposed to do.
      OK.

A screenshot about that would be helpful, but the first thing I would do is to reload slic, to do this just open the chat window by pressing the apostrophe key: ' And then entering /reloadslic

However I have no idea why this occurs as you should have started a new game. However if this doesn't help you have to search the string in the text files for the German version there are located in your ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ folder.
      After starting the savegame today the error still doesn't occur, it works properly. But now there is a second strange thing. It looks like there's a proposal for units who don't exist. "We have 00 unit who is pleading for more modern equipment. It will cost 0 gold to provide them....." and no button to proceed, of course (next time I do a screenshot).

And by the way did you copy the files that come with Medpack2 in the according english folder to the german folder?
      First I only had the german CtP2, where I recognized the error with the german text file of the SAP-Updater. I solved it by using the english text (in the german folder). But now I have a second english one (getting with the AoM-CD) and I'm still using this one, because it's easier with the english terms and the Apolyton forum.

Thanks a lot - CmD

Comment

Ok, here are the screenshoots.

I found the text in \ctp2_data\english\gamedata\MM2_scen_str.txt, but don't know what to do.

The next one occurs after upgrading the first unit.

When I click "yes", nothing happens but closing the box, and clicking "Not all. Show me them" then this happens.

It's also in \ctp2_data\english\gamedata\MM2_scen_str.txt, and again, I don't know what to do, or why this happens rspectively what it means.

CmD

P.S.: Sorry, I'm too stupid to put a screenshot directly in my message

-----------------------
        edit: another error

Last edited by Commander D.; August 17, 2005, 17:46.

Comment

Do you use the original version of the game?

-Martin

Comment

Do you use the original version of the game?

-Martin
            Yes, of course.

Both versions are originally, not some cds from a magazine or something else.

Comment

Yes, of course.

Both versions are originally, not some cds from a magazine or something else.
              Actual I asked you whether you use the version out of the box unpatched or whether you have applied the patch or whether you use one of our playtests. Actual I think for your problem it doesn't matter.

However after a look over both codes the elite code and the unit updater I must say that both are buggy. The elite code only gives you messages if you are player 1, and also the usage of the build in arrays seems to be problematic. Some of these build in arrays tend to 'forget' their values, caused by random memory access.

However both problems seem to just affect the messages, the elite unit is granted to you and unit update seems only to give this strange message if there was a previous update cycle and you don't have anything to update.

The updater should be fixed if you replace this line (414) of MM2_SLIC_unit_updater.slc:

Code:
                  elseif (TOTAL_COST <= PlayerGold(player[0]) && (OBS_UNIT_ARRAY.# >1) ){
              by this line

Code:
                  elseif (TOTAL_COST <= PlayerGold(player[0]) && (NUM_OBS_UNITS >1) ){
              - Martin

Comment

Actual I asked you whether you use the version out of the box unpatched or whether you have applied the patch or whether you use one of our playtests. Actual I think for your problem it doesn't matter..
                Oh, i misunderstood you. I use OV with patch.

However...

Thank you very much for helping me.
                I just changed the line and now i have a look if something happens. I tell you then.

I bought CtP2 some months ago and I like this game, especially whith the mods, and there the Good-MedMod2 is my favourite, so I want it to be perfect.
                OK, some more practise and then I'm looking forward to the AoM. I got it last week.

Nochmal vielen Dank für deine Zeit und Mühe.

-Cmd

Comment

It's working still fine.

Thank you Martin

Comment

Hi: just downloaded this great mod and was impressed by the many new features.
                    So many new units and pitures. I found that the two download files from CtP2 main files download site worked fine so far. Reloaded CtP2 then 1.11 patch (no playtest files) then the Mod Manager.
                    Takes time for the action to start in this mod not a killer AI like Apolyton Pack mod but the AI is very strong as it loves to build up its empire with many improvments.
                    Now im thinking that with some tweaks and changing files it could be brought up to the level of Apoltyton Pack to give the AI better war planning. Could it be done ? Will give it a try after some time playing the mod.

Comment

Working...
                    X