Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbee wanting mod advice

hi,
    i can't believe i've only just discovered this site! I'm starting a LOTR mod from scratch. I'll be creating sprites and sounds for the next few weeks. if anyone wants to take on the AI or get involved get in touch.

I am a newbee so i need all the advice i can get. Not least on how to set up my sig etc. )

can i just use the super pack for the AI and then add all my own sprites/sounds/wonders etc...

D
    well, what do you know, i worked it out!

I think some already did a LOTR...
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

yeah i know. i took a quick look and it seemed a bit cartoon like. thought i might go for a darker version...
      well, what do you know, i worked it out!

Comment

Good luck.

Originally posted by feckhornet
        can i just use the super pack for the AI and then add all my own sprites/sounds/wonders etc...
        That is probably the easiest way. You might want to try out some of the other mods (Cradle, World at War) if you need a more aggressive AI, but the principle is the same. You can take the datafiles from one mod and incorporate it into your own. The precise way to do this differs depending on whether you do a modswapper mod or a scenario, but there are plenty of resources around to help you get started, and there's always people around to answer any specific questions.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
        X