Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone with mod skills to take over project

Hi,

A few years ago, i started a ww1 map, that was on a very large map, that ran from mexico city, to the bottom tip of india. Their were 8 cities on the british isles if that helps with the scale. And i was happy that it the European theater would have room to battle in, as well as the african, and near east theaters. However, the size of the empires was to massive, and their was mass rebelion, particular for the russians, and british. It is beyond my skill to edit, such things, and would happly pass what i have done on to someone who can complete it.

I have scripted new nations needed, i have placed cities, careful referenced by atlas, placed all the city buildings, tile improvments, and millitary units, i have mirrored the real diplomatic ties, i have also researched the ownership of each colony on the eve of ww1 to ensure it is accurate.

As i said, i am happy to pass this on to anyone with the knowlage to finish it. It has been sitting in my old computer for several years now and i would like to see it put to use, anyone interested please post a reply

Please upload and post what you have. Some one here might make a better call if they can do it if they can see what they are up against
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Yeah definitely lets see
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I got some screen shots if you want to look at them, i can email them, I had another look at it after i posted the message, you will also have to edit the unit attributes as at the moment they cost so much most of the worlds armys are disbanded first turn.

Just wondering what other senariors you had edited?
        Because their is alot that needs to be done to keep the game stable

[URL=http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=39012_Ctpiraq.bmp]

Comment

Well i dont have time to develop and finish it right now since im already working on a ww2 scenario. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=130853

But if all youre worried about is editing some text files to stop some nations from revolting or disbanding, its really easy to fix. Plus if theres anything you dont know just ask on this forum.

Or if you just dont have the time or inclination to finish it, still post what you have done in a zip or rar, so that perhaps it would be a good base for someone wanting to start a war scenario in the future.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

To fix the empire size problem, I believe the values to change are in DiffDB.txt
            Code:
            DISTANCE_FROM_CAPITOL_ADJUSTMENT	0
            AI_DISTANCE_FROM_CAPITOL_ADJUSTMENT	0
            Find those lines (the four times) and make them larger (I think) Not sure if the values are valid from 0 to 1 or 0 to 1000, but bigger, definitely.

Unit upkeep is set by the ShieldHunger flag in Units.txt.

Otherwise
            if you just dont have the time or inclination to finish it, still post what you have done in a zip or rar, so that perhaps it would be a good base for someone wanting to start a war scenario in the future.
            No doubt someone will fiddle it at some point in time.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The problem is not the capital distance, im happy with that it is empire size that is the problem.

Comment

Oh yeah. Sorry.

Um, Govern.txt then:
                TooManyCitiesThreshold 35
                TooManyCitiesCoefficient 2

For each government, you'll want the Threshold raised or the (happiness) coefficient lowered. Or both. That probably depends on which governments each civ is taking by default, and how far over the city limits they are.
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                  To fix the empire size problem, I believe the values to change are in DiffDB.txt
                  Code:
                  DISTANCE_FROM_CAPITOL_ADJUSTMENT	0
                  AI_DISTANCE_FROM_CAPITOL_ADJUSTMENT	0
                  Find those lines (the four times) and make them larger (I think) Not sure if the values are valid from 0 to 1 or 0 to 1000, but bigger, definitely.
                  Do those work? Ive just been changing the ones in govern.txt:

EmpireDistanceScale 0.001
                  MinEmpireDistance 500
                  MaxEmpireDistance 2000

Comment

Assuming they are the happiness adjusting factors, then in theory they should work for all governments and save the bother of adjusting every one individually, although I don't know of anyone having tested them.

Comment

You can only reduce the empire size happyness factor enough to a quater of its proper strenght. Thats why i can't work on this anymore, i don't know what to do?

Comment

What do you mean?

If you increase the TooManyCitiesThreshold to however many cities the civ that has that government has, or even more if theyre likely to capture more cities too.

So the USA has say 70 cities, increase the TooManyCitiesThreshold for Democracy to 100, or even higher if you dont want empire size cap to have any affect in the scenario at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          If you increase the TooManyCitiesThreshold to however many cities the civ that has that government has, or even more if theyre likely to capture more cities too.
                          So the USA has say 70 cities, increase the TooManyCitiesThreshold for Democracy to 100, or even higher if you dont want empire size cap to have any affect in the scenario at all.
                          This is correct too...and would solve the happiness problems you seem to be having. As it is pointed out, you can make TooManyCities 1000 and unless you have 1000+ cities, you will not have happiness problems due to size.

Or you can set
                          TooManyCities to 100
                          and set
                          TooManyCitiesCoefficient 0.1

and to incur an additional (-1) happiness on all of your cities, you would need 110 cities in your empire to do so (0.1 x 10) 20 cities over your cap would give you (-2) happiness (or the use of one entertainer per city)
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

i've changed something like that, but were do i find the max city limit to change it to 1000?

Comment

Copy govern.txt from

...\ctp2_data\default\gamedata

to your equivalent scenario folder, it will be

...\Scenarios\NAME\scen0000\default\gamedata

NAME is the name of your scenario folder you chose.

Then look in govern.txt you copied for the line under each government:

TooManyCitiesThreshold 35

change that to 1000 for each government.

Comment

Working...
                              X