help using SAP + City Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help using SAP + City Expansion

I can't get the Apolyton Pack + City expansion to work together. When I try to start the game through modmanager it just says 'error - aborting'.

I know I had it running about a year ago but now I've come back to the game and I can't make it work. Somebody explain this like you were talking to a retarded person please! The instructions in the zip are :

1) Copy the cityexpasion.slc file inside the directory path starting from the CTP2 base directory /ctp2_data/default/gamedata/,
    2) Then cut the content of CE_Tileimp and paste inside the *_tileimp.txt file (inside the gamedata folder).
    3) Then add in the correct *_script.slc the line: #include "cityexpasion.slc"
    4) Launch the mod

First is says copy cityexpansion.slc - there is no such file and it doesn't specify the destination (only where it is supposed to be found?)

Second it says copy the content of CE_Tileimp - again no such file although there is a CX_tileimp (as well as APOL_CX_tileimp)

Last it says add the line to the correct script.slc which I am guessing is APOL_CX_script.slc since I'm wanting to use the Apolyton Pack + City Expansion.

Something so simple and I am hopelessly lost. Please help.

Well, the instructions in the zip seem to be completely wrong. Or possibly for some previous version or something.

To make it work correctly, I think the procedure should go something like this.
    • Make sure you have a clean install of the Apolyton Pack without any changes you might have made while following those instructions. You might need to replace APOL_tileimp.txt and APOL_script.slc from the zip.
    • Unzip the whole cityexpansion22.zip to the main CtP2 directory.
    • Find ctp2_data/default/gamedata/APOL_CX_gamefile.txt. This determines which files the game loads. At the very bottom is the line "APOL_CX_Great_Library.txt". Now since Pedrunn didn't actually make such a file, you should replace that line with "APOL_Great_Library.txt".
    • Load ModSwapper or ModManager, and there should be a mod option with the name "Apolyton Pack + City Expansion v2.2!". Choose this, and load the game.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks so much; that was about to drive me crazy!

The bad instructions came with the City Expansion 2.2 found in the files section of Apolyton. Maybe it should be updated? I kinda worry about downloading some stuff from there because I can never tell if it is the latest mod or not, but then again I guess there really isnt enough activity in the CTP2 community to make a big deal out of it.

Comment

Working...
      X