No announcement yet.

A Project: Creating Cpt. Nemo's Red Front for CtP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Summer 41 events and messages are complete and working. Now half way through Winter 41-42 events.

I'm thinking about adding new events or features (that won't ruin the original gameplay), so any ideas welcome. This will probably start after I've gone through all the original events though.

The AI itself is now a real challenge thanks to Martin G's better AI script, so once the events are done the next step will be playtesting and tweaking the AI strategies.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I'm having a problem with switching files and reloading a save. I save the game after 6 turns, exit the game and switch to the winter files with the .bat file (city/good/unit sprites, terrain.txt, tileimp.txt etc changed) but the save won't reload sometimes, giving the error "*.spr not found in asset tree", which then cycles through all the sprite names. It's annoying because sometimes it happens and sometimes not, so I don't know what is causing it.

Update on other progress: All events upto Summer '43 are complete (except "Operation Blau" which is being worked on), so basically events.txt 4 of 9 are complete. However lots of events are repeated in the later events.txt files, so the remaining events should take less time than the first 3 or 4.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Update: The phase switching problem seems to have disappeared now.

Also... finished all the events! scenario.slc alone weighs in at 3800 lines (albeit with a lot repetitive code for msgs, city capture etc), although it should shorten as I gradually improve the code now I know a little more how to write better SLIC.

All events (I think) from the original Civ2 RF are in except "kill unit -> spawn another unit" type events, which I think are not needed now to help the Germans building units. Some new events have been added, which are kind of basic, but cool nonetheless.

Just need to put in strategic and diplomatic states for each country, then real play testing can start.

Comment

• Small update - the strategies and diplomacy are in and working, although I'll continue tweaking as I playtest. Still need to fix a problem with threatening the AI civs though, but I'm still learning how diplomacy works.

Still left to do:

- 4 units sprites: NKVD Trooper, Refugee, Siberian Regiment and Naval Infantry.
          - Sounds. I probably won't add many new ones, existing ones also need to be checked for each unit.
          - Great Library entries, including many pictures.

and a few other small things I forgot to finish a long time ago...

Here are the flags with the new shield from the latest Apolyton Edition:
          Attached Files

Comment

• holy crap! Good work Maq. I might will have to dig out my copy of CtP2 again and try this.
            Last edited by Immortal Wombat; April 18, 2008, 03:42.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• It has a long way to go but should be playable.

Just don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• Holy crap! Wombat sighting!!!

Long time, no see. You still at Cambridge?

Comment

• Yeah, another couple of months to graduation.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                  X