• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread is where I keep it

I need to get Locutus to put in the main files section
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

for those interested. I've been play testing this mod again and will post ANOTHER update soon.

The game is going well. I faced off against the greeks and had to contend against an 11 stck around turn 150. Fortunately I was able to mobilize some legions to stop them. I was able to turn the tide that way.

empire maintenance has been a challenge. I founded Hinduism so I had Hindo missionary go around and convert cities and build hindu temples which helped the gold problem.

Eventually I developed trade routes so I can afford my cities and units. But then I had to deal with Barbarian pirates. And they built a lot of them So I had to develop a navy, which raised the costs of my units so I had to cut back on science.

I had to stay in monarchy because a war-time readiness I opted to stay in to contend with pirates andd republic is too expensive although its better for science and peace-time gold. Just cant afford it. I enjoy having to make those budget choices.

As for wonders, it was the mobgols giving me a challenge. The newexcludedby Wonder code makes it more enjoyable so you are contending with one city cranking out 8 wonders, compunded benefits. So it was more spread out and about four civs including me have built some kind of wonder.

I finally was ableto negotiate a trad pact around turn 325. So I'll see where this goes.

I do find the AI settling more compactly but one continent is maxed out with 4 civs on it. Romans dominate another but the carthaginans and russians aren't building much, but that may be because they are locked in a war.

I did gift many units, settlers mainly in order to beef up some other players that tended not to build. I'm still tweaking that.

All in all a decent game.

Comment

Hi E

Follwing your post in the other fourm on Civ3 mod game your playing, I was thinking of my own game im platying now .Packed with alot of drama and keeps getting more intense with each turn.
        Well I have downloded 619 build and have 6/21 Civ3 mod. Also latest E Diplomod.Was going to play AOM(thank your the file) but you Civ3 mod has me thinking that this is a mod that could be more intersting. Have played a early version of this mod but new updates must have rebalaced the AI. Any thoughts on a Ci4 mod?
        Just a side note: It takes me between 5 to 7 days to finish a game. Late in the game it can take up to 5 minutes to make a turn.

Comment

Hey Protra,

Post some of your game stories in the playtest thread or a new one. I always like to hear how experiences are going and if anything it'll serve as a testimony to how good the Apolyton edition is getting.

6/21 Civ3mod should be playable and similar to the one I'm playing. I've only been doing some small tweaks to tileimp and building bonuses and costs.

the 5 minutes a turn. I havent gotten to that yet although Ihad a few games where I really had to do some thinking.

as for civ4 mod. In some ways my Civ3mod is morphing ito a Ctp2-Civ3-Civ4 mod (plus concepts I've introduced that haven't been in a mod). It'll probably look more Civ4ish in the future as I have added the ability to make a tech tree that is fluid and I've always been curious at how to make tileimps grow.

thanks for the support.

Remember you can continue old games with a new build!

Comment

UPDATE

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
            // Firaxis Civilization III Mod Readme
            // for
            // Call to Power II: Apolyton Edition
            // by E
            /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Requires (and installed in this order):
            Ctp2 and patch (of course)
            PLAYTEST 10-23-2005 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...ytest.1of3.rar

E's Build Rev 619 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_ECtp2exe619.rar
            E's Tiles 6-13-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...E-tile1.15.zip
            E's Diplomod http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...07-13-2006.rar
            E's Civ3 Mod 07-17-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...2006-07-17.rar

New SCENARIO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!
            Thanks to BureauBert's testing you can install the Civ3mod in the scenario folder and not over the original (Apolyton Edition) Game.
            After the latest playtest and build 583 (or higher) are installed. Copy the contents of the rar to the scenario folder under scenarios.
            Then Copy Diplomod06-02-2006 matching the folders.
            Then add the latest Tilefile (dated May 16,2006) from the zip by adding the tile folder to the graphics subfolder in the Scenario's default folder
            Finally, you'll have to re-add civilisation.txt to the scenario's default\gamedata and the civ.str to scenario's english\gamedata

If I missed a step let me know.

Features 7-17-2006
            - Farms require irrigation to built first
            - Building Railroads removes the imp below so build them sparingly
            - AI knows how to use SneakAttack units, watch out!
            - Galleys have a 50% chance of sinking at sea (AI not affect at some levels)
            - Buildings enable some goods

FEATURES 6-21-2006
            - Some Wonders exclude others from being built

FEATURES 5-28-2006
            - Sleeping a unit that is obsolete in a city can upgrade them if you have enough gold
            - Galleys and Ironclads can now move into sea, but they sink if they start their turn there
            - Deserts, jungles, glaciers are hostile terrain and units that start there turn their lose HP
            - A religion is discovered with certain advances as a feat.
            - Religious units now build there holy buildings when they convert cities
            - The Heroic Epic is OnePerCiv and adds 1 HP to all your existing units

FEATURES 4-15-2006:
            - Human's can gift units to AI they are not at war by disbanding them in the AI territory
            - Railroads dont givea move bonus when you are at war with that player
            - Barbarians now have navies
            - Elephant and Horse units are now more restrictive only the city collecting them can build the unit, so protect it!

FEATURES 3-26-2006:
            - 13 different Citystyles
            - Limited Settling - Settlers only can settle on grass, Plains, and Desert (desert is not recommended)
            - Advanced Farms enable goods - These goods are different per terrain and have a TRADEFOOD value. Tradefood means that if you create a traderoute of that

good the city wont get the food bonus but the receiving city will. It works to build cities in your empire or to other players
            - Plantations - special improvements that give high value gold goods
            - Buildings add to Radius - Courthouses and Bureaucracies increase your city radius, not population
            - TradeProduction - Some goods (like Lumber) increase production in the city that has it. If you dont trade you keep it, if not the recipient gets it. Oil

gives a huge bonus.
            - Units costs Gold - The more units you build the more expensive your palace (seat of government) is. This value is based on the number of units, readiness

level, wages, and the shield gold factor.
            - GoldPerCity - Some improvements get more expensive as you add more cities to your empire.
            - GoldPercitizen - Food and health imps like Granaries, Aqueducts, and hospitals are more expensive as your population grows.
            - SmallWonders - Some buildings you can only build one of in your empire, they give huge percent increases
            - Slavers can be killed without starting a war although it affects regard
            - Privateers have sneakattack and sneakbombard capabilities
            - NonlethalBombardment - most artillery and bombers dont kill Units.
            - Collateral Damage - tiles with a unit and an improvement will have th improvement destroyed when bombed by bombers.
            - TileBombardment - some unitscan destroy tile improvements
            - CultureOnly units - Legions and Samurai are available to only specific civilizations
            - NeedsGood - Some units like Horses and Elepphants require any city to be collecting or buying that good
            - Buildings enable goods - some buildings give your city a good (not always tradeable); i.e. stables give horses
            - IncreaseBombard range: most artillery have different bombard ranges
            - Oil wells and drilling platforms are restricted to the oil good
            - Barbarians only produce guerrillas and they reproduce each turn so expect "guerrilla wars" in the modern era
            - Multiple Building PreRequisites - some buildings require multiple buildings throughout the empire to build (like the feat)
            - CityStyle Bonuses - Some Citystyle cities will have bonuses too, and you keep the bonus if you conquer the city
            - Rivers are VERY valuable more food and gold
            - Tyrranies and Theocracies have high food coefficients, weak in many ways they have huge populations so expect third world like situations
            - Barracks make Veteran units
            - Only religious units can perform the "reform order"

NOTE:
            - Sadly all my Civ3 units are Multi-Dimensional Single Frame (MDSF) so they aren't animated
            - I haven't added descriptions. Sorry. If you want to know what units require goods and other stuff you'll have to see the txt files

01-01-2006 version
            PLAYABLE!
            TO DO work:
            Updated CTP2 sprites Infector and Ecoterrorist sprites to Civ3 size
            Add Civ3 goods in place of Ctp2 ones
            Update some units with PTW icons
            Add Strategic Resource dependecies for units (horse, elephant etc)

Comment

nstall it into the Call To Power 2\Scenarios folder.

Copy the whole thing so that it starts with a Civ3mod folder then there is a scen0000 and the rest of them.

Select it as ascenario then start the a new game.

If you want the diplomod you have to install NOT as a scenario but in the main default and english folders (extract as before)

Don't forget the Civ3mod uses my tiles.

Also my RAR was missing a small tga file its here in a zip put in the graphics/pictures folder.

Please post and problems or suggestions. I'll probably post a new update soon
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey, E

completely new to this forum. Been working on my own changes to the game. Its fun playing other people's mod. Something I'd like to see, and something I think makes ctp2 better then the other civs, is the future.

I like the futuristics of ctp2. I miss space building like in ctp1. It would be neat to see some changes and updates to the futuristics of ctp, and even being able to build in space. Which would probably be alot of work.

Comment

hmm, its telling me this file does not exist: E's Build Rev 619 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_ECtp2exe619.rar

Comment

Originally posted by LordLightning
                    hmm, its telling me this file does not exist: E's Build Rev 619 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_ECtp2exe619.rar
                    this is an old link so or later comes into play. just get 627 from my signature.
                    Last edited by Ekmek; August 6, 2006, 23:15.

Comment

aaahh. . . .well i figured less then a month ago wouldn't be too old

I didn't notice your sig, but thanks.

Comment

Enoy. Just as a note I have already been making changes to the mod.

Currently I'm laying a game and making changes as I go (to the mod and the source code)

A few tips. Cash gets scarce fast because units cost gold. That gold is based on on the unit's goldhunger your wages and readiness. So unlike regular ctp2 where you always stay at war, civ3mod you have to think if you can afford a war-time army when you don't need it. The impact is that you can go broke fast.

So use the sliders adjust wages, science and readiness.

Go for religious units to convert cities and make money.

Build trade routes. But watch out because that brought me into an era of dealing with barbarian galley's pirating mytrade so then i had to invest in a navy and then an army to take out other civs that started pirating.

Currently in my game I make a lot of cash but my army has to be at peace time. So I make up for weaker infantry by having a small army for occupy after I use my larger airforce and artillery. Now I'm trying to build airbases andenough at float units to have a global presence to defend trade and keep pressure on the other civs I've been messing with. Eerily similar to American style warfare today.

any questions on game play. post them here.

Comment

i was thinking the same thing as i was reading your post, about it being eerily like american style warfare.

I had a question. Is there anyway to import files from cpt1 into cpt2 for space building and exploration?

Comment

Which Ctp1 files? I think the units can, but sadly I don't have Ctp1. from the screenshots I likedthe CTp1 colors and interface and I have entertained the thought of make a conversion like that.

I had a question. Is there anyway to import files from cpt1 into cpt2 for space building and exploration?

But regarding code files to make a space layer, we see remnants of it in the Ctp2 code but nothing to make sense of it. We tried to get the Ctp1 code when Ctp2 was released but Activision said that Ctp2 was written over the Ctp1 code. So we find bits and pieces of Ctp1 in Ctp2 code but essentially Ctp1 is gone.

But don't give up hope. If its something you REALLY want, I suggest start looking into the code yourself. essentially in the beginning I kept asking for features and since there are so few us the response ended being: if you want it you got to try it yourself

Don't worry about not having programming experience. I had only a semester class 13 years ago on TurboPascal, CTP2 is in C++. But I really wanted a lot of Civ3 features available in Ctp2 and after a slow beginning and a lot of help from MartinG, Fromafar, and JBytheway I'm able to add stuff on my own, I've added over 100 new features by my last count. Yeah, sometimes it doesn't work or it creates a bug but I get help on fixing it. So if you REALLY want to add the help is here. I'm willing to guide a newcomer rpgrammer and I know my way around the code. So give it a shot.

Comment

Alright, yeah i noticed in the simple txt files some remnants of ctp1, mostly in the space building area, probably do to the fact that I liked building 30 cities in space an watching the tiny empires fight beneath me for land i no long had a use for.

Nice run-on sentence there.

So I'll have to look at ctp1 and ctp2 and what can be done to import the neccesary files to incorporate space building. Wish me luck.

There was a death in my family yesterday, he fell from the derik out here on rig 80ft up. I held his hand and talked to him while he laid there gasping for breath. I don't think he was alive, I think it was reflex. . . .I put my head to his chest and there wasn't a heart beat. Hospital said they couldn't get his heart to start beating. so i will more then likely be without the internet for 2weeks as i go up and move to michigan.

We planned on moving up there a week from now, but do to his death all the plans were shortened.

I'll come back and let you know all of my progress

Comment

LordLightning

Sorry to hear of your loss. Do things as you need to, family is more important than Ctp2.

Take your time, probably the best way to start is to note how the spacelayer was used in ctp1, bullet comments. Go from there little pieces at a time. If you have questions as to if some of these pieces are in the code go ahead and ask them at the thread I opened for you here:

Comment

Working...
                                X