Getting CTPEdit to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting CTPEdit to work

I've downloaded CTPEdit and I'm trying to get it to work with basically some copied files with a different extension. I changed gamefile and read from gamefile. This went OK, but whenever i save and load i get a type 13 runtime error (type mismatch). Does anyone know how to solve this?

Incidentally, how do you edit the Great Library?
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

I wouldn't replace extensions, I would replace the prefixes of the files. However the important stuff is that you replace the original files by your new file names in your gamefile.txt. Another thing is that you can open an additional version of the file you are editing, for comparision for instance.

You can also modify the Great Library, but for that you have to ask John, as I have never messed around so much with this part of the program.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by tombom
      I've downloaded CTPEdit and I'm trying to get it to work with basically some copied files with a different extension. I changed gamefile and read from gamefile. This went OK, but whenever i save and load i get a type 13 runtime error (type mismatch). Does anyone know how to solve this?
      Hmm... It's been a long time since I worked on this, but it shouldn't give type mismatch errors under any circumstances - could you please explain what you are doing in more detail?

Incidentally, how do you edit the Great Library?
      Through Tools -> Great Library.

Comment

Using Create from Gamefile, I can get CTC to have a saved project file and load it again. However, a mod I'm working on will save, but not load, giving a type mismatch.

I'm not entirely sure about how to choose the right great library. If I type in a file name in the Great library box, where does that get the file from?

i meant prefix, sorry.
        Last edited by tombom; February 13, 2005, 03:33.
        Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
        -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

The file is taken from the modded gamefile.txt, and the most logical thing to do if the gamefile doesn't contain any own Great_Library.txt is to use the default one. However for a ModSwapper mod it is essential to define an own Great_Library.tx and an own newsprite.txt even if they are just copies of the original one to prevent any problems with ModSwapper.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by tombom
            Using Create from Gamefile, I can get CTC to have a saved project file and load it again. However, a mod I'm working on will save, but not load, giving a type mismatch.
            My best guess is that this is due to CTPEd trying to interperet some floating point field value as an integer... If you post the files you're working on here I could probably find the problem quite quickly.

I'm not entirely sure about how to choose the right great library. If I type in a file name in the Great library box, where does that get the file from?
            Which Great Library box?

i meant prefix, sorry.
            Sorry, you lost me... I hope Martin understood you better.

Comment

Working...
            X