No announcement yet.

Historically Accurate 2nd World War Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two swings and two misses....neither are in my area of expertise or abilities. Sorry.

I'm becoming an advocate for the Source Code team's work if that's worth anything ....
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Bad news ..... in the preeliminary tests (didn´t even test with the code for setting regard and custom turn length) the computer takes a eternity to pass the turn =(

I´m putting the save game, so that other people can take a look and see if everyone will have this problem.

In the moment i´ll try to build a smaller and better scaled atlantic map
      Attached Files

Comment

stop is this on the play test or vanilla game.

There is a problem with the play test taking a long time on some ais
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

This does sound interesting.

I was working on a WW2 scenario myself some time ago but lost interest in it, you can dl it from here if you want to take a look. I used Omni's world map, got all the cities placed and (i think) the techs/units/buildings done and was working on some slic before i stopped.

Youll need winrar or some other program to unrar with to open it.

By the way if you have problems downloading the ww2 one or the ctp1 terrain mod (or any file over 250k from that server), its possibly because you have Norton.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Well, that was with the PLaytest. I recently found that in the original it plays much faster, but not as fast as I would like.

Here is a file with the info I based at for building the scenario (auto-translated, so there will probably be gramatical errors)
            Attached Files

Comment

May I suggest using the CTP2 marine sprite and changing the name and stats to be some kind of SS soldier, seeing as many units in the Waffen-SS recieved camouflage fatigues and shmocks even in the early stages. Also some use should perhaps be made of the brown camo sprite used in the Activision WW2 Scenario, as that unit looked like some Gross-Deutschland regiment of the regular army. If one infantry unit is equivalent to 100,000 soldiers then the germans will have approximately thirty units available to invade Russia... Hmmm. I always thought imagining each unit as representing the investment of the resources in time and labour of just 1000 people was best, regardless of age or other unimportant tripe. Also making every pop-point represent one-thousand and having EVERY unit take one pop point would be good, since cities would have populations of hundreds (this is how I modded the game, leading to some fairly incredible numbers of units in the later ages.)

For your scenario, the map being the size it is, perhaps keeping things as you have is best. I just wished to make some brief observations and offer a few pennies.
              Tally ho!
              I'm smiling on the outside, but on the inside I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceph
                May I suggest using the CTP2 marine sprite and changing the name and stats to be some kind of SS soldier, seeing as many units in the Waffen-SS recieved camouflage fatigues and shmocks even in the early stages.
                I don´t know what you mean with "camouflage fatigues". I know what each word means separately, but I just don´t see what they could mean together.

Also some use should perhaps be made of the brown camo sprite used in the Activision WW2 Scenario, as that unit looked like some Gross-Deutschland regiment of the regular army.
                Sounds a good idea

If one infantry unit is equivalent to 100,000 soldiers then the germans will have approximately thirty units available to invade Russia... Hmmm. I always thought imagining each unit as representing the investment of the resources in time and labour of just 1000 people was best,
                So you suggest I should give the germans 3.000 units to invade Russia????? Sorry, but this is absurd, slow for the computer and boring for the player.

Also, take notice that each *infantry* unit represents 100.000 soldiers, so Tank, artillery, air and naval represent a smaller amount of people, and are not counted towards the army size in people. So the Germans would have about 30 infantry units to invade Russia, but also a lot of artillery and some air unit and tanks.

[/QUOTE] regardless of age or other unimportant tripe. Also making every pop-point represent one-thousand and having EVERY unit take one pop point would be good, since cities would have populations of hundreds (this is how I modded the game, leading to some fairly incredible numbers of units in the later ages.)[/QUOTE]

Each pop "represents" 1.000 people, because that´s how Activision built the game and I didn´t change that due to lack of time. Actually, in my scenario, each pop should be 100.000, to be more consistent (the idea of each unit taking 1 pop is good, and I would make that every *infantry* unit takes 1 pop).

Each pop just cannot represent 1.000 people if you are trying to be consistent with the real world. Beijing had a population of about 2 million people in the year 500 after Christ!!! Should they have a size of 2.000???

[/QUOTE] For your scenario, the map being the size it is, perhaps keeping things as you have is best. I just wished to make some brief observations and offer a few pennies. Tally ho! [/QUOTE]

Always good to have feed back :^)

Comment

Working...
                X