Another question regarding Alexander the Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question regarding Alexander the Great

I've just finished playing Alexander the Great. After I killed the other Persian generals , the AI started spitting out General Bessus units. Sometimes more than 1 per turn. Almost as if the AI was inserting the General into the Persian build queues like a normal unit. I stopped counting them after I ran into the 50th General Bessus. Where can this bug be located and how do I fix it?
    Otherwise I like this scenario. The horseman units are particularly useful

which alex scenario you playing there are 2 now
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

2???
      Kidding. I mean the scenario Activision included in the box.

Where can I find the other one?

Comment

Here
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The buttons for the scenario in the entrance way look way cool. Afterwards, line 39 of personalities.txt rears it's ugly head. Specifically "Unknown token"

Secondary errors are:
          Warning: required field StrongGreeting missing
          Warning: required field WeakGreetind missing
          Warning: required field ThreatFollowThrough missing
          Warning: required field Description missing

Comment

It requires an Apolyton Edition version of CtP2. The AI files have been rearranged somewhat, unfortunately.

Maybe someone would be able to port it across. Or I suppose it could be run with the AI files from the original version.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

with new playtest I get this:

Expected keword POWER_POINTS_TO_MATERIALS not found

what is this?
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

That's a problem with the const.txt - compare the const.txt for the Alex scenario with one that works, and see where the POWER_POINTS_TO_MATERIALS line occurs in each, if at all.

Comment

Working...
                X