SPR to GIF converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPR to GIF converter?

Most probably a dumb question but are there any utilities out there that can convert the spr files to gif, bmp or whatever? Has anyone managed somehow to gain all the frames of animation from a few units using other means?

I want the frames for a human unit, really, diplomat, infantry, whatever, so I can use it as a template for new units. I figured it would be quicker than starting from scratch and would be able to emulate the style of the original CTP2 units.

Have Activision released any of the models for the units?

I did something similar to what you might want to do, I converted the default red Infantryman to green and blue, it's in the directory here:

I used Sprite Edit to extract all the frames from the infantryman sprite then I batch altered the colour of every frame picture using Paintshop Pro 8.

And here's the thread where I struggled through it with the help of bigmc:

Sprite Edit can be downloaded from Martin the Dane's website here.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes I made a few gif out of units on my web site.

Like Maquiladora I used spredit. And animation shop to make the gifs.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Oh, excellent. This program is perfect! Thanks Maq.

I use Paint/Anim Shop Pro too. It doesn't compare at all with Personal Paint on the Amiga for this kinda of stuff though. Memories...

Comment

DPaint5 as well*

Comment

Working...
          X