Unit.txt modifying - Cities - HasPopAndCanBuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit.txt modifying - Cities - HasPopAndCanBuild

I'm messing about with the txt files for the game and am I'm toying with the idea of a giant, genetically engineered entity that moves underwater that carries a population in/on itself.
    There was a thread by someone, I think it may have been E, to do with colony implimentation that said he had problems making a leviathan unit behave like a city. I figured the thread would give me some information about the HasPopAndCanBuild flag but I can no longer find the thread.
    Anyone know where it's lurking?

I believe it crashed.

(killing all the people a knocking out e's computer);

However if you want a unit to have pop ,build, but not move you can

A city just can’t move sorry.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

This one?

The other way to do it would be to give it settler flags, so it removes a population when it's built. Then put a little SLIC trigger in so that when it disbands in a city, those pops get added back again. Depends what you want to do with it. Probably even storing variable population within it would be possible, it's only really the city concepts of harvesting resources and building things that limit it to a static unit.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

bigmc any progress on the stuff IW linked too?
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Yeah, that's the thread, Immortal Wombat, thanks.

Is there anything in the source code than can be tweaked to stop the flags being mutually exclusive?
          Not that it'll do me any good anyway as I know neither SLIC or C, assuming that's what CTP2 is coded with. I'm going to have to learn C one day!

I just like the idea of mobile cities/ mobile production lines

Comment

sadly not e

the best i got was a city of 1 which moved pop to the big city when it got to big. this cased two major errors one the larger city could not cope with the pop of the colonies and it caused names to end up with the numbers after them.
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
            X