I can't build certain units.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't build certain units.

Patched the game to 1.11 and installed Apolyton Pack (& ModSwapper), but now I can't build certain units.

Each time I start a new Apol. Pack game, random units don't show up in the build queue.

Anyone else had this problem?

You cannot continue an existing save game with ApolytonPack, you have to start a new game. BTW the same is true for scenarios that were not made for ApolytonPack. And another BTW premade maps are scenarios.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I have started numerous new Apol. pack games and it keeps happening.

Comment

Welcome Primative1,

Did you changed the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No in your userprofile.txt file?
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
          Did you changed the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No in your userprofile.txt file?
          Tamerlin, Primative1 didn't complain about slic errors, the DbugSlic=No thingy just makes slic errors not displayed that is all.

Primative1, another try did you start new games on random created maps or on maps downloaded from Apolyton?

And by the way which units don't show up in the build list?

-Martin

Comment

Yes Tam I changed the DebugSlic.

Martin, I used the Map of the world that came with the game - thats a good candidate actually.....

The units that were unavailable were the Horse-Archer, Knight and Pikeman.

Comment

Originally posted by Primative1
              Martin, I used the Map of the world that came with the game - thats a good candidate actually.....
              That's the problem, ApolytonPack is not compartible with the world map. Actual this map is a presave game.

Start a new game on a random map and you should be fine.

-Martin

Comment

Is there anyway to make worldmaps compatible with mods?
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  Tamerlin, Primative1 didn't complain about slic errors, the DbugSlic=No thingy just makes slic errors not displayed that is all.
                  Sorry, I thought that there were deeper effects like aerial units acting strangely...
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by E
                    Is there anyway to make worldmaps compatible with mods?
                    The easiest way to make the world map of Activision compartible with ApolytonPack is to earase the first entry of APOL_pop.txt: POP_ZERO_IGNORED of course the same effect is achived by replacing that file with the original version, either by replacing the file in the file system itsself or in the APOL_gamefile.txt. The only effect that should be expected is that the AI and mayors wouldn't use entertainers anymore, however as the AI cannot use entertainers prperly anyway, that doesn't matter.

To make the world map compartible for the standart version of ApolytonPack you can use the /importmap /expotzmap feature of the chat box.

And by the way Tamerlin you should use more of instead of that just looks happier.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

And by the way Tamerlin you should use more of instead of that just looks happier.

-Martin
                      I will try to do my best.

Comment

Sorry to be dense (yet again) but where do I unzip the Earth Map (400 x 400), by Dorian Credé (based on OmniGod's Worldmap) to? I tried too unzip it to the Scenario folder and the World Map folder in Scenarios but it doesn't show up in either.

Has it replaced the world map that came with the game?

Comment

Working...
                        X