How to add units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add units?

Is it possible to add units to the game?

Sorry probaly REALLY OLD question. But I did use search and went back in time to see if i could find an answer.

I would like to bring back a couple old CPT1 units back into my game. But I don't know quite how to do this.

Can someone show wich files I have to find/edit in order to add a unit.

That would be a great help.

Thx.

P.S.
    Source code looks very promising. This game is much better with the appropiat modifications than CIV3.

Hello The_Blind_One!

If you just wish to use CTP1 units in CTP2: They are still there, with their "old" ##.spr names. You can find descriptions here (look at the descriptions in the 7th column: they tell you if the sprite is a CTP1-sprite and the current ##.spr number under which the sprite is stored in your /gamedata/graphics/sprites/ folder).
    To use the sprite in the game you need to rename the sprite file, make an according entry to newsprite.txt, assign the sprite to a unit in units.txt and produce the according *.tga-images for the great library and user interface. That's about all
    For doing this and for the creation of new sprites (which is not at all that simple) yo can find a lot of information following these links:

Step By Step Guide To Add A Unit
    How To Make CTP Unit Graphics Without Animations
    Making New Units
    MakeSprite 0.3

And here yo can find links to graphics resources/utilities specially for sprite creation:

Modding Resources : Graphics

Finally concerning the re-integration of CTP1 sprites: You can find the original *.tga-images which need to be adapted for use with CTP2 here:

CTP1 TGA's for Modders

Have fun!
    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Thank you very much.

I added my unit and it works perfectly.

I do pity that this game doesn't have so many units with animations created for it by fans

Ohhh whell thx.

Comment

Working...
      X