Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please ! I can't install any mod :( !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please ! I can't install any mod :( !!!

Hi,
    I've downloaded SAP, CTC and WAW, but I can't play to those mods ! An error message tell me that lots of files are missing ! keymap.txt, colors00.txt, etc...
    I've renamed my ctp_data in ctp_data (Original), so I always have a copy. But there is a problem with the sizes : the original is 441Mo, and the SAP is only 14.9Mo ! I'm french, so I've created a "french" file in ctp_data, and I've copied all files in the "english" file in "french" file.
    Sorry for my poor english, I hope you'll understand me. Bye !
    PS : Of course, I use ModSwapper or ModManager.
    Last edited by tooll; June 2, 2004, 16:28.
    chocolate starfish powa

I think you might need to keep the folder as "english" for files to work
    Last edited by Ekmek; June 2, 2004, 17:46.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
      I think you might need to keep the folder as "english" for files to work
      No, copying all the stuff from the English folder to the French folder is correct. But you shouldn't rename the original folder to something else, you should of course copy it. The files of the mods need to be into a folder with all the original files.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

The "ctp_data" from SAP will not overwrite the original "ctp_data" ?
        chocolate starfish powa

Comment

Originally posted by tooll
          The "ctp_data" from SAP will not overwrite the original "ctp_data" ?
          Yes, the ApolytonPack does not overwrite the original data, therefore we have ModSwapper.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Welcome Tooll,

To use the SAP2 and most of the other mods you need to patch your game with the 1.1 patch. You should then download ModSwapper or ModManager and unzip the various mods in your CtP2 folder. Once you have unzipped these files, copy all the files in your English folder and paste them into your French folder. You should then change the DebugSlic=Yes setting to DebugSlic=No in your Userprofile.txt file.

You then have to start a game through ModSwapper. This is very easy as you just need to run ModSwapper and chose the mod you want to play... enjoy.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thank you all ! This time I've let the original "ctp_data" and... it works !
              Au fait Tamerlin t'aurais pu remarquer que chuis français ! Y a des nouvelles pour la traduction du SAP ? Ou alors les fichiers sur le topic suffisent ?
              chocolate starfish powa

Comment

Thank you all ! This time I've let the original "ctp_data" and... it works !
                Au fait Tamerlin t'aurais pu remarquer que chuis français ! Y a des nouvelles pour la traduction du SAP ? Ou alors les fichiers sur le topic suffisent ?
                J'avais bien remarqué, mais la langue officielle du site est l'Anglais. It is thus forbidden to write in French.

Hum! About the SAP2 translation, I started working on it and then stopped because I am very lazy and because I was working on the last and most boring part of the work which is the Great Library (GL). It is mainly a matter of copying, pasting and comparing the content of the original GL with the content of the SAP2 GL in order to translate the new parts. I have also worked on other things like the Updater2 which detracted me from the translation. But I know, shame on me...

But this is not a project I have utterly abandonned and I know that I will finish it... one day.

More seriously, I don't like unfinished things and this is something that I am thinking about from time to time. Why not during the summer hollydays...

If you are interested I can send you the files I have already translated, which means all of them including the half translated GL.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm interested ! Here you are my e-mal adress : tooll.loeildefesses@free.fr
                  Thanks !
                  chocolate starfish powa

Comment

I'm interested ! Here you are my e-mal adress : tooll.loeildefesses@free.fr
                    Thanks !
                    OK, I will send you the files tonight.

Comment

Thanks again
                      PS : Have you done translations for other mods ?
                      chocolate starfish powa

Comment

So far I have only translated the SAP2 and the APOL_Updater2 designed by Peter Triggs. These are the only mods I am playing.

Check your mailbox.

Comment

thank you very much, the unit updater is a very good idea
                          chocolate starfish powa

Comment

You are welcomed tooll, don't hesitate to send me a message if you spot some mistakes in my translation... Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X