Effects sprites and visible wonders and city expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects sprites and visible wonders and city expansion

I know the SLIC fpr vis wonders and city expansion implemented it via tile improv but I'm wondering if it could be imlemented using effects sprites. thereby things could be different sizes and IRC there could less crashes and more compatibility with other mods. Is this possible?

(I'm also holding my breath, but it would be cool to make other improvements vsible but smaller. To pillage or destroy would require removing them from the city list)

the visibility issue would bring that aeral view (that alot mmiss in Civ3 too) and create a feel of invading some unique territories. I'm up for making the graphics if someone (bigmc?) is up for the coding...

thoughts?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Re: Effects sprites and visible wonders and city expansion

Originally posted by E
    I know the SLIC fpr vis wonders and city expansion implemented it via tile improv but I'm wondering if it could be imlemented using effects sprites. thereby things could be different sizes and IRC there could less crashes and more compatibility with other mods. Is this possible?
    E the problem with that is that an effect spr plays once at the beginning of a turn . However using the source you can create a flag for goods that make the good un-tradable then use that good for the city expansion. The problem with this is that the flag and a modified version of the source is need. I don’t do c++ only c and I find c++ very hard so you will have to find a coder for this.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

I think to do it properly, the best way would be to create an entirely new object, like Map-Feature or something. Maybe even nameable in some cases. But I think that any cludgy way of doing it wouldn't be worth the effort, and doing it properly is not anywhere near the top of the priority list.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
      X