hello,i need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello,i need some help!

hello guys,i am new and i am italian!i've played call to power 2 for many years but i never got to know about the existence of mods an packs!now i want to change something in the game and i downloaded some:ctp2 patch,cradle all files,apolyton pack,modswapper,dale diplomod!since this is my first time i am using 'em,can someone tell me what do they do(example:if the let you play from the beginning of the game or in a specific age,how to install 'em,in which order,if i need something else,if i can use all of them at once)?

thank u much

ModSwapper and the Patch should have an installer, so use it, Cradle and ApolytonPack come packed as *.zip file so you need an unzip program like WinZip or WinRar. And of course you should read the readme of Cradle and ApolytonPack these readmes should contain an manual for the instalation, but basicly just unzip the files into your ctp2 folder. For Diplomod forget it if you play Cradle or ApolytonPack Diplomod is part of both mods. Well you can also forget the patch and use our playtest version of the Apolyton CTP2 source code project. We did a lot of fixes unfortunatly we still need to do some fixes that were made in the original patch by Activision.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Re: hello,i need some help!

Originally posted by macs
      ... can someone tell me what do they do(example:if the let you play from the beginning of the game or in a specific age,how to install 'em,in which order,if i need something else,if i can use all of them at once)?

thank u much
      Welcome macs...

Though they are based on the same game the various mods are quite different and have different purposes.

The Super Apolyton Pack 2 (SAP2) is improving the original game and is somehow "CtP2 as it should be". The basic concepts are not changed though some are a bit modified, the AI is more challenging and bugs from the original games are corrected.

The Cradle is one of the more challenging mod, the AI is far more "dangerous" and many things are changed or added. There are new units, new advances and the game is focusing on the ancient age. You will need to build many units and there is an emphasis on military conquest.

Martin's GoodMod is equally improving many areas of the game and is incorporating new goods that are putting an emphasis on trade (correct me if I am wrong Martin). One of the more interesting aspect of Martin's GoodMod is that it is made to be played with the original game as well as with the other mods.

As far as I know, Peter Trigg's Call to Conquest is focusing on the military matter (though it is in no way limited to this area of the game).

Peter is also the author of another mod which is allowing you to upgrade your units when you discover a new advance. An older version is incorporated in the Cradle mod and you can find the newer version for the SAP2 which is called the APOL_Updater2.

I must say that I am not the best qualified of the posters to write about the various mods as I am almost exclusively playing with the SAP2 and the Updater2.

How to chose? Basically it depends on what you are looking for. Download the mods, read the Readme files and experience the various mods, thanks to ModSwapper or J Bytheway's ModManager you can install the various mods and play the game you want, be it the original game or a mod.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember with MODS and non-English people:

Make sure to copy EVERYTHING from any "English" folder into the folder of your language. Otherwise you'll get heaps of errors! The only exception is if someone has translated the files to your language and added them to the MOD.

Comment

ehm.....i cant' find the userprofile.text file in my ctp2 folder........and now how am i supposed to set the debugslic?

Comment

Originally posted by macs
            ehm.....i cant' find the userprofile.text file in my ctp2 folder........and now how am i supposed to set the debugslic?
            The userprofile.txt is in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder, open it with any text editor, and don't bother if you find such a file with missing extension, Windoof has a feature to keep the user dumb. If you can't find it nevertheless you can use the windows search function to find the file. Probably you don't need to alter it, because it DebugSlic should be already set to No, you just should check if it is really the case.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

i found out why i couldn't find it.I first needed to play the game just once(at least arrive in the main menu).Aniway i can't get to play the apolyton pack,i mean,i arrive to the main menu,but when i click the launch button it says to try and insert the game disc in order to launch it.I tried a second time and i got a lot of "slic" errors..........maybe because i have a non-original copy of the game.Damn my original copy of the game that is broken.

Comment

Working...
              X