CTC Issue with build queues getting cleared periodically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTC Issue with build queues getting cleared periodically

Has anyone else had this problem in Call To Conquest? When I have "Taxation" selected for a city and I discover a new advance, all of the taxation cities are cleared to empty queues. All cities with other build queues are unaffected. Any ideas what's causing this? anyone else see it? Can it be fixed?

That happens automatically so that if the advance lets you build something you know what queues are immediately available. I can easily switch it off if you want.

And I have a question too. I don't seem to have a viable version of CTC that runs with modswapper at hand. So the question is: if you load a saved game, do you always and immediately get the pop up that says that on reloading SLIC you have to reset some options. Or does it come up at the beginning of your next turn (i.e., after you've pressed the end turn button). Or does it not necessarily come up at all. (I've made some changes to the debug executable and I can't remember how it used to work with modswapper.)

Comment

Peter,
      I'm not sure about your reload slic question. I do not get this message except when I wanted to install the different version of the airbase/save_the_planes that Martin provided.
      However, I would like to know how to make it NOT clear the queue. I might go through 2 or 3 advances where I don't need to make adjustments to the queues. When I do discover something I need to build in all available cities, I'll just go to the city list, select all the Taxation cities, and then modify all the build queues at the same time. Since I have 130 or so cities, and 2/3 of them in Taxation status since I've built everything I need in them, it can take a while for the computer to do this, so I prefer only to do it when I need to, and not after every advance. Thanks!
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
        And I have a question too. I don't seem to have a viable version of CTC that runs with modswapper at hand. So the question is: if you load a saved game, do you always and immediately get the pop up that says that on reloading SLIC you have to reset some options. Or does it come up at the beginning of your next turn (i.e., after you've pressed the end turn button). Or does it not necessarily come up at all. (I've made some changes to the debug executable and I can't remember how it used to work with modswapper.)
        In the game I'm playing at the moment which is more or less CTC I don't get the message at all on reloading.

While I remember, the Raider unit is advertised as carrying 5 units, and doesn't. This makes all my upgraded Carracks somewhat useless, and my naval force somewhat limited
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

johnc214 ,

Here's an updated CTC_CALL_TO_CONQUEST.slc with the change you requested.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wombat,

I was afraid of that. I fixed a bug in the source so that scenario games are now saved properly, but the problem is that when you load one, you have to manually reload slic or get a CTD.

Anyway, it seems I tweaked units.txt later but never posted it. Here it is:
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X