Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTC Airbase Option turned itself on during a game. Can I turn it off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTC Airbase Option turned itself on during a game. Can I turn it off?

Many turns after I discovered flight, all of my cities suddenly built an airbase next to them. I selected "No" when asked if I wanted this option at the begging of the game, but suddently CTC decided it wanted that option on. I've looked through quite a few files and can't find a place to turn that option back off.

Any ideas?

Doesn't anyone have any ideas? I'm on hold in my game waiting to discover flight until I can fix this! HELP!

Comment

You should get the free airbases whether or not you say 'no' to this option. If you say 'yes', the AI will move your planes back to landing places (before they run out of fuel) just like it does for non-human planes. But it may do this while they still have fuel in them: you can't access via SLIC how much fuel a plane has left, so I used the sledgehammer approach.

What's odd is that you got the airbases many turns after you discovered flight. IIRC, it should happen at most on the next turn. If you think it's absolutely necessary, you could reload SLIC.

Comment

Hey Peter. I do love the mod. But I don't really want the extra airbases. I find them useless next to a city. Is there a way I can rebuild the farm or mine that was distroyed when the airbase was built? The game won't let me overwrite it. I have looked through all the files I can figure out and can't figure out how to do this.

Regardless, I love the game. I just want to taylor it a little more to my preference, and I don't want all the airbases taking up space I could use for other improvements since I won't use the airbases.

Thanks a ton! And great job.

Comment

Here is a file I think that this version of the CTC_SaveThePlanes.slc suits better into your needs.

If the auto pilot of planes for human players is disabled, no airbases are build automaticly. And you can put anything you want on airbases, for that the auto pilot needs to be disabled as well.

To install it just unzip the attachment into your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder and conform the overwriting of the CTC_SaveThePlanes.slc file.

To make it work with your previous saved game, open once in game the chat window by typing the apostrophe key and enter /reloadslic.

Disclaimer:
          The file is untested. No guarenty.

-Martin
          Attached Files
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X