Love CTC! What about mining plains/grasslands; missing some sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love CTC! What about mining plains/grasslands; missing some sounds

As I have mentioned, I'm really enjoying CTC. But I have a few things I'd like to change if possible. I don't know if it's a design feature or an omission or an error, but I can't mine grasslands and plains like in other versions. Although I'd rather have some mountains and hills available, not all cities do and it takes a long time to discover the right tech to build my own hills!

Also, I'm missing the sounds that usually go along with building tile improvements. I think most of the other sounds are present, but when I build mines or fisheries or roads there are no sounds.

These aren't show-stoppers, but sure woud be nice-to-haves!
    Thanks!
    Johnc214

Not easy to answer as some information might be missing here

1.) Are you playing:
    a.) Plain Vanilla without patch?
    b.) with the official Apolyton patch?
    c.) Any mod involved?

2.) For building mines you have to have slavery discovered, otherwise doesn't work.

3.) Which language version are you using?

4.) Is your game a fresh install or an old one?

5.) Have you already tried to reinstall?

Comment

It's a 'design feature'. IIRC, going all the way back to CTP1 it really frustrated both WesW and me that the AI would never build mines on hills. I managed to tweak the data so that it will do this but the cost was that no-one can now build mines on plains or grassland.

Comment

Re: Love CTC! What about mining plains/grasslands; missing some sounds

Originally posted by johnc214
        Also, I'm missing the sounds that usually go along with building tile improvements. I think most of the other sounds are present, but when I build mines or fisheries or roads there are no sounds.
        Are all tile improvement sounds missing or just a few. In the case all tile improvement sounds are missing look for a file called MG_soundfix.slc in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder. It should be there from GoodMod, also any other file with that name but with another prefix then MG should do it as well.

If such a file is there, look for a file in the same directory called CTC_script.slc, open this file with any text editor of your choice and at the end of that file this line:

#include "MG_soundfix.slc"

Note that you should leave at least one empty line at the end of the file. Alternativly you can also edit the CTC_main.slc.

If you don't have the soundfix file on your harddrive you can also find it in the Apolyton directory under slic files.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X