Tile Edit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Edit Question

I have the latest tileedit and I did a bunch of new TGAs to smooth out borders on my new terrain files but it seems like the new tile edit is missing the load function. I go to edit->tile then I press load and pick a file, but I dont see any button to put in the tile file. Is there something I'm missing?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Ok, hitting ENTER loads it fine, but man I swear I remember there being a button to push...

Comment

E what are you trying to do if you are after replacing an already existing set of tile borders there is an EASYER way
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Are you talking about the text thing. I've never tried it. But replacing one at a time so far has been the way to make sure I dont miss any and I keep them in order.

Comment

Well i do a lot of my work with the script its easy when you want to put large amounts of tiles or rules in
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

And I thought we had a thread about tile edit. Posting in it has the huge advantage that Martin the Dane the author of tile edit get a notification about when someone posts in it so that he has the change to reply.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

well i just finished making the alpha for rule edit

it’s a program designed to simulate wild card tile id while keeping backwards compatibility with the original ctp format.

It works by replacing the dumbly wild card terrain value with up to 11 real terrain values. i am just not confident that some lower end machines can cope with the amount of tile rules

Comment

does this mean you dont need to order it in tile edit? THat each tile is assigned a value and it will build a map based on that?

Comment

no

You know when you making a tile rule. you can sometimes get - numbers. These number a wildcards so - 5 could be trench and deep sea. This is means that when the rule is generated you use the number -5. What you can't do however is make your own without the code

Comment

Working...
                  X