Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Colours00.txt and ModSwapper

Preamble:
    I have come back to CTP2 recently and I have been putting together my first mod. I am doing it so that it can be used with the ModSwapper utility.
    Question:
    Is there a way to get ModSwapper to swap the Colours00.txt file?

Have a look at what I have done so far: v0.25
    Last edited by Flinx; February 22, 2004, 22:09.
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Do city sizes even go above pop 60 in the unmodded game?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

RE: Do city sizes even go above pop 60 in the unmodded game?

No. Overcrowding and max pop buildings increase the limit to 60 where natural growth stops. I have increased the limits in my mod.

...But back to my question:
      I did not see Colors00.txt in gamefile.txt, and adding it to the end did not work; and, I have not come across #Include Colors00.txt in any other file so I am asking if anyone can point me to where I can redirect the game to my version of Colors00.txt or someone with the source code to say sorry the executable reads this file directly.
      ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

Sorry, the executable reads this file directly.

If you make a scenario, you may override it by putting your own version in Scenarios\"Your scenario"\default\gamedata, but in the setup you have now, it appears to be ignored by both Modswapper and the executable.

Comment

Thanks!

oh well

I could just do both I suppose...
          ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

The only problem with scenarios is that you get each time you reload extra gold, production, science, unit movements, etc...

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Didn't this happen for a regular game reload as well?

When changing the reload behaviour to prevent this double production etc. in the first turn, I got the impression the same code was used for both scenario and regular single player reloads.

Comment

Yes, I just tried reloading a saved scenario game (Activision World map) before and after applying Fromafar's 2/6/04 modified civapp. Before, I got the double production and pw; after, it worked properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fromafar
                  Didn't this happen for a regular game reload as well?

When changing the reload behaviour to prevent this double production etc. in the first turn, I got the impression the same code was used for both scenario and regular single player reloads.
                  It does not happen in non scenario mode in the official release only the scenario structure is affected. One reason why we moved out of the scenario file structure and started to use ModSwapper. This bug would have been a major game killer in the random map version.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Modswapper won't allow you to swap colours00.txt, but the replacement I made for it will. See this post and the thread it's in:

Comment

Working...
                    X