Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ways For AI To Win

1st place only

It seems the only way the AI can win if one faction (nation) stays in first place till the end of the game.

In the 1.11 verison it would take me between 200 to 250 turns to reach first place. I could sit on the lead till the end. The AI nations would not try to remove me from that postion. The AI is very much a house divided not knowing how to work together to keep the human player in check.

Now the mods are much stronger then 1.11 verison.Most mods take me between 70 to 80 percent of the game till Im even near first place a real chess match.
    What if a slic file could be made-- if you reach first place all the nations will go to war with you .Except the nations that have a peace treaty with you.
    Would make dipolmacy more important
    Can this be done? Maybe something else?

For now I make up a in house rule.If I reach 1st place look to see what Civ has the strongest millitary and try to total remove them from the game.Anyone else use a in house rule for winning the game?

Diplomacy alone is pretty useless, since even if a civ doesn't like you and doesn't trade with you, thats effectively meaningless. It can't generally speaking compete in war, and war is the primary method of conflict resolution.

See the following DESIGN threads for various (some interconnected) thoughts and ways of making a more resilient game challenge for CTP2:

Thread1
    Thread2
    Thread3
    Thread4

Comment

Thank you for your reply

Hi Mrbaggins

Seems many new game designs are in the works for CTP2. Looks like you have a ground plan to make the AI change its thinking(stratagy) when it begins to fall behind.

For now im thinking of tweaking the numbers for production in DiffDB text.The modern age only MAX AHEAD (Apolyton mod). Its in the beginning of this age when the AI starts to fade.

I know your plans along with others are much deeper than this.Look forward to playing the updates. to code.

Comment

Working...
      X