City Expansion mod problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Expansion mod problem

Hey all, I'm having a slight problem with the city expansion mod. For some reason the city expansion never expands beyond the 8 squares directly adjacent to the city itself. I though the urban sprawl was supposed to slowly enclose all of the city's territory as it grew?

I loved the concept when i created. It gave a lot of work. But there are too many bugs. I am kinding of giving up of it.
    The one you just mentioned is new though.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Well another thing I didnt think about is that I havent had a city over 30 or so population, and that is usually towards the genetic age. I see that you have a modern age city with 90+ pop in the screen shot. Dunno.

Comment

But yeah I love this mod it is really one of the only ones I use! Don't give up on it!

The only real gripe I have with it is the way it handles ruins ie. they can't be terraformed out or built over or anything. Permanent dead tiles! Argh! Not that much of a problem though really.

Comment

Pedrunn

i was always into making a new version of this which expanded more slowly.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Rolandthemad, The ruins can be terraformed. It is the only planned way to remove them. And the city was constructed in the pictures is from the cheat mod and not gameplay

Big Mc, I wanted this working too. I may try to release some new versions.
            So far the most common needed updates would be:
            - AI turns are much too slow (no clue on how to solve it).
            - AI keeps trying to pillage dead ruins (no clue too)
            - Make all cities espansions have to be upgrade when entering a age (This was suppose to be a feture but it mess up the ration: 3 poop = 1 expansion)
            Last edited by Pedrunn; January 28, 2004, 10:11.
            "Kill a man and you are a murder.
            Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
            Kill all and you are a God!"
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

without trying to sound nieve
              couldnt these problems be fixed with the source code, and this mod made into a perfect running feature (needing 0 workarounds and having 0 bugs or problems ?)

like official features *laughs at the irony*
              Oxygen should be considered a drug
              Tiberian Sun Retro
              My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
              http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

I do think this will be agreat permanent addition to CtP2, especially with the resource changes that come with city growth. There could be other impacts now that the code is out to make city growth have negative impacts like more pollution, crime, but more money and production. Or something like that.
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I think we want to encourage large cities, not discourage them - that will reduce micromanagement, and help to solve the ICS problem.

Comment

Pedrunn,

i'm pretty much a newbie & playing city expansion for the 1st time. i haven't gotten to modern age yet, but i love the idea & the graphics -- thanks!

- AI keeps trying to pillage dead ruins (no clue too)

(i don't know if this is how you quote prev. posts!)

couldn't razed towns be a terrain type put in temporariily, rather than a tile imp? then it wouldn't be pillaged.

p.s. thanks everyone here for making a good game great, & for having such a 'civilised' forum!!

Comment

Working...
                    X