TOo Big for Diplomats?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOo Big for Diplomats?!

Im playing a 27 civ game on the earth map and i find it too aggrivating to send diplomats to each country. My main reason is that a lone diplomat gets attacked more often than not. Plus moving stacks of units with diplomats in them just earks the ai. Is there a mod that allows embassies to be setup without using diplomats. Or is there a way to customize the game to do it? Please advise.
    Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

For the moment there is no mod astracting the use of diplomats, at least as far as contact is concerned. In the Super Apolyton Pack, once you have contacted a civilization, the embassies are automatically reestablished after a war is over... I don't know about the other mods though it should be the case with all the mods that are using the diplomod (I think Martin's GoodMod and Cradle use it).

Abstracting the use of the Diplomats is an idea that has been suggested in the Code Source thread and is certainly something that will come to fruition... in the future.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I will have to keep an eye out on the source thread then. That was one of the only things they did right in civ3 abstracting the dips and spies.

Comment

Quite a while ago I did a package called 'NewDiplomod' for Cradle. It never got past the beta stage, but I think it's stable. It allowed you to establish embassies by negotiation (and much more). If you want, I could knock off a standalone version.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
          If you want, I could knock off a standalone version.

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Sounds good to me Peter im using SAP at the moment and look forward to your mod!
            Last edited by tyrantpimp; December 30, 2003, 01:27.

Comment

Aak! I thought you were using the vanilla game with the earth map. Adding it to SAP will be a bit more difficult because it's inconsistent with some of the stuff that's already there. But let's see what happens.

Comment

Aak! I thought you were using the vanilla game with the earth map. Adding it to SAP will be a bit more difficult because it's inconsistent with some of the stuff that's already there. But let's see what happens.

Im here for moral support! (now where did i put my guinea pig costum at)

Comment

I have seen your mod, played it and checked the code. I really cant think whay this would be a problem?

BTW, Your mod is a huge improvement specially because the AIs makes pact with each other. I play through the first ages with a lot of modified files and i would consider it stable.

I have noticed that you code had too much testing in it so i changed a lot of it and i recommend you do it too. For this mean I removed the extra regard amog them since the AIs loved too much each other in your mod. I also made regard a prereq for accepting proposal among AIs since the AIs would accept always.
                  And I recommend making the embassy more easy to be accepted through diplomacy. (Just some thoughts)
                  I can attach my modified code for you Peter but my changes werent that big of a deal.

Sorry for not giving this kind of feedback before, Peter. Your code really improves the AI diplomacy.
                  "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                  Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                  Kill all and you are a God!"
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

Any chance the diplomod stuff would go into the Altered source code as more permanent stuff? Unless of course this stuff gets worked out in a new diplomacy model thats been passed around.
                    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I hope I've got the right files here; I've got so many different versions of things on my HD that it's difficult to know what's what. Extract to:

...\Activision\Call To Power 2

When asked if you want to overwrite files, reply "Yes to all".

Unfortunately, you have to start a new game and choose "SAP with extra diplomacy" from the modswapper options.

Any chance the diplomod stuff would go into the Altered source code as more permanent stuff? Unless of course this stuff gets worked out in a new diplomacy model thats been passed around.
                      This is SLIC and I think we're going to have to do it more generally, and better, using C++.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Peter Triggs; December 30, 2003, 21:55.

Comment

This is another piece of quality work Peter, it works like a charm.

Comment

Tell us more Peter!

Well looks like you might have something the Ai can use for end game play . If its making pacts it might be able to fight together or hem in the human player-would be great

Had this file for little while but never tried it .Going to this weekend .Will put this file in the basic version with patch. Change file names remove updater. Done this with many mods had no problems

Is this going to be on the same level as Diplomod 3.6?

Hope Pedrun can gives us the update info. I know its a busy time for everyone right now. Well thanks to you guys the Ai already seems to have a life of its own

Comment

Im running into one problem the ai likes to make diplomatic offers during its turn, but when my turn comes the offers are dissapear Its like i cant answer them quick enough. Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Protra3211
                              Is this going to be on the same level as Diplomod 3.6?
                              Fortunatly not it is much higher and more.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X