City and Normal heal rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City and Normal heal rate

This is in the Const-text file which is in Gamedatda.

Been checking thur the mods and Dales mod guide as well : states that changing numbers for

City Heal Rate 1.0 to 0.1
    Normal Heal Rate 0.1 to 0.05

will make the game harder. What about the AI does the Ai use these numbers as well to heal units?
    Maybe something to check in code .

Been putting together my own ctp2 game with some rule changes. Must of it is tweaking files as well as taking parts from mods to exchanging files from within
    Ctp2 from the scenarios.

I think the aim of lowering the heal rates is to make the game much harder, because the AI isnt as smart to pull back its units into cities to heal, so its better for gameplay to minimize the effect a human can use it.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thank you Maquiladora.

That will give the AI more fight with its front line troops.

Thanks again

Comment

On the highest levels, when the AI has a production bonus and can crank out more units than you can, this also forces the player to practice troop rotation - and will slow down human military expansionism (which, IMO, makes for better gameplay)
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

What about AI units in their cities. After a attack by a human player on a Ai city, will this cause the AI units to heal too slow.I know heal rate goes for my units as well but you know how some times you can get a small 6 stack to mop up -the old one two punch attack!

Comment

Working...
          X