Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Mc
    Animating cities i got working because the city ideal animation starts at the beginning of the turn.

Animated terrain is possible but via slc at the moment and using effect spr files.
    What o you mean by affect sprites?
    Is the animated terrain just a new good? does the game randomly place them at startup after SLICing? Basically, how'd you do it?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I once wrote some slc to simulate global events (ice age).

It is possible to use the same code ( when modified ) to display a special effect on a set terrain all we need to do is make a check to see if a unit or city is there and then overly the terrain specific effect.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• E there are 4 types of sprites: cities, units, goods and effects. The cities are actually unit sprites, but that's just a curiosity. Effect sprites are used for things like explotions, slave capture etc. that is attack effect on tiles not necessarily ocupied by the attacking unit.

Mc, will these effects run the length of the turn, or just once?
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• Just once at the beginning of a turn. but it triggers with ai turns too.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• If you make the animation long will it play longer in a turn or do you have to wait for the effect to happen before you can start your turn

Comment

• I don’t know. I think you may have to wait but don’t quote me on that.

Comment

• I think I fixed the river issue by cutting out sections from my big tiles (and it actually started to make tiles blend better too! well I'll see what you think)

But since I tried the variation rule, I've added a bunch, but after testing it I'm not seeing much variation. Unless its because I'm removing fog with the editor. It happens to when I add terrain. Really it adds se variation but once you put terrain in a 3x3 square it all becomes the same with something different in the middle. Can VR fix that?
                Last edited by Ekmek; May 28, 2004, 23:20.

Comment

• E I will take a look later. I don’t get you with your question vr only show up on random maps.

Comment

• I was starting new random maps, but the VR just didn't look like it was happening too much.

Comment

• how big are the vrs

Comment

• they use every square (5?) I think...

Comment

• Well my theory is that the bigger the vr the les chance it has of appearing. so try removing one or two squares.

Comment

• I'll give it a shot thanks!

Comment

• Ok I've done a lot of retouching

Unles you guys find any glaring flaws I think I migt actually be done with this. And I hope you guys think its worth putting in the main downloads section...

Download the zip and then put the files in the:

Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\graphics\tiles folder

you may want to back up your originals. Then just start a new game (if you want to browse around go to cheat mode and click on the foggy eye to look at the whole map)

E's new tiles for Ctp2

(you can also download it in my sig)
                              here's a comparison of mine to the original:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ekmek; May 28, 2004, 23:56.

Comment

• It looks great.

How would I go about testing it?
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X