AOM editing question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOM editing question.

How do I go about changing the graphics for tile improvements in AOM? I'd like to change the farm graphics to either the standard CTP2 graphics, or something else I might find.

I did a small amount of modding in Civ2, but this is a whole different world. Anyone out there that can give me some tips?

I downloaded and played AOM yesterday for the first time. I've always been a big CTP fan despite all the naysayers, but I just never got around to playing any of these Mods.

check out the ctp2 forum. there is more active people there. to change farm graphics you'll need to download tileedit
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I think tileedit came bundled with AOM. I've been messing around with it and I downloaded the 'TileFile' file from the CTP2 file section, but I can't quite figure it out..

Comment

What in particular do you want to know

Comment

Originally posted by Jove
          I think tileedit came bundled with AOM. I've been messing around with it and I downloaded the 'TileFile' file from the CTP2 file section, but I can't quite figure it out..
          There are a few tile files you get with AoM that you can use. I think one is Stankarp's, one is E's and one is the original tile file but with the extra AoM stuff inserted (colony improvement etc).

To edit an improvement graphic:

> open tile edit.
          > in menu go to file > open and find the tile file in use in AOM\ctp2_data\default\graphics\tiles folder, the file will be called gtset565.til.
          > in menu go to colours > enable in-game colour mode
          > tick the box next to "show tile improvements", there you can cycle through each tile improvement.
          > once you found the one you want to edit, go to menu > file > save > improvement, and save it as a .tga file.
          > open the .tga file in an image editor like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, and edit the image. Don't resize it and don't change the silver background colour as this will be the transparent colour. Finish editing and save as an uncompressed 16-bit tga.
          > back in tile edit show the tile improvement you want to change, go to menu > edit > edit > improvement.
          > find your edited .tga improvement, select to import it. Set transparent colour "silver", shadow colour "lime" (so you can also put a lime shadow on your image for extra detail) and preview BG colour as "fuchsia". Click "OK" to check it, and "OK" again to overwrite the old improvement. If everything looks OK (size, transparency etc) you can save the tile file now.
          > now to save the new tile file (best to back-up the old files first, which are gtset555.til and gtset565.til.)
          > then go to menu > file > save tilefile > and overwrite both of the old tile files.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
          X