Call to Power 2 Previews and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Power 2 Previews and Reviews

As we did with Civ2:MGE and CTP1, we are happy to present you with a preview of the latest civilization game, Call to Power II. Beyond that, we present you with reviews from actual players of the game, as well as links to the entry of CTP2 in the Apolyton Links&Products Directory(where more player reviews can be found) and to the previews and reviews of CTP2 in various gaming sites.

Player Reviews

Christoph Nahr's Review
    Originally posted on the comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic newsgroup. Quote: " Too many flaws for a classic but a good game still, and could be great if it's properly patched." Read

Tilemacho's Review
    Review after the first game. "Once again I felt that "one more turn feeling" which to say the trough had missed since Civ2!" Read

JDI_Falcon's Review
    Quote: "I cannot put my finger on it but CTP 2 has something that CTP did not that actually makes you want to play the game" Read

DarthVeda's Review
    CTP1 Hater turns into a CTP2 Lover. "I don't doubt that I may very well finally put my copy of Civ2 to rest" Read

Apolyton Preview, Part 2: CTP2 Previewed, The Real Thing

Coming very soon, no release date though... Or won't ever.

Apolyton Preview, Part 1: Daily Impressions

Day One
    Mark's first day with ctp2: Installation, System Requirements, Difficulty Levels, Screen Resolutions, Moving Units, Right-click Menus, Great Library, Diplomacy Impressions, Great Autosave, 32 Civs, No Crash. Read

Day Two
    Second day for Mark: Explanations, Replies, No Crash, No Crash, No Crash, Manual in electronic format, Army Managment, Units stats, Music, Radar Map buttons, Append to Multiple Build Queues, Retreat Button, Comparing Goverments, Not yet 32 civs. Read

Day Three
    Explanations, Replies, Yes 32 Civs, New Way For Resource Gathering, AIPopCheat, Too Many Screens, Borders and Trespassing, 1280x1024 With "Clear" Map, ICS still there or not, CTRL+S CTRL+L Read Day Four
    Text files, Trade Routes, Commerce Tile Improvements, Scientific Victory, Screens and LDL Files, Alexander's Way To Victory Read

Day Five
    Map/Scenario Editing, Why He Hates You, Mayors Do Tiles, Control Panel Totally Gone, Threats Work, Advices In Unit Manager, Flanking Units Read

Day Six
    The Impossible Medium Game, Reply to Ralf, Reply to Slingshot Read

Day Seven
    Editor Documentation, Editor Experiences, Map Sizes/World Map, Diplomacy: The Friendly Side, Diplomacy: The Ugly Side, Diplomacy: Treaties Read
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; January 18, 2011, 17:24.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog
Working...
X