Back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again

Hey all, I am back again. I just found my C2P2 disk, and isntalled it. Too my surprise I see there is a new apolyton patch pack.

Wow what a difference when I loaded it up. When I tried to start it, I got 2 error messages saying something about a Sprite Long bowman not found in sprite data base and sprite_elephant_warrior not found in sprite data base, I click on continue and the game plays.

Is this normal, or will it cause me problems in the game?

Besides the Apolyton patch, what else is new? Anyone still here? Hope to chat with you guys if you are still here.

A few questions, how do I take screen shots? Is the music problem fixed? I mean will it still play the same song, or will it change tracks now? (guess I need to play the game and find out lol. Just posting here first and then I will start playing)

*edit* where can I go to see what the new rules means? I mean when you go to the options, and click on rules, there are rules like new combat and old combat. What is new combat?

I love that there are new screen resolutions as well, job well done.
    I am surprised I havn't seen a topic on this Apoltyon patch. Is there a topic and I just have missed it? Would love to read what other people have thought.

Well I am just going through the posts to refresh myself on the game.

Here is hoping to have alot of fun again wich I havn't really had with CivIV and other games.
    Last edited by Yolky; August 12, 2009, 01:04.

I think you have an older version of the apolyton edition based on the problems you are having.

The newest one is availible in this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187205

The descriptions of the new rules are described on the rule screen in the current revision, which hasn't been released yet.

New combat description here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185911
    and here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost....9&postcount=33

A few questions, how do I take screen shots? Is the music problem fixed? I mean will it still play the same song, or will it change tracks now? (guess I need to play the game and find out lol. Just posting here first and then I will start playing)
    I think the autorepeat button is still on by default, but you can turn it off in game now.

I am surprised I havn't seen a topic on this Apoltyon patch. Is there a topic and I just have missed it? Would love to read what other people have thought.

it has its own forum.
    "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
      I think you have an older version of the apolyton edition based on the problems you are having.

The newest one is availible in this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187205
      Yeah I have that one. When I clicked on the link, and saved it, it said it had a file already on it, and I didn't bother to over right it. So I guess I do have the current version then. Maybe I should just uninstall it, and reinstall it again and see what happens.

Thanks for the other links, going to read them now.

*edit*

Ok so I know that I am doing a good job at installing it. first I install the game, then the patch, then the mod, then the Apylton patch correct? That is what I did. I guess when I install the AE patch it just overwrites everything in CtP2 correct? Because when I clicked on the mod manager it didn't ask me if I wanted the AE patch to desk top. I just clicked on start CtP2 and it started up.

Is this the correct way of installing it?

Also just wundering, so I don't screw anything up, would it be easier if someone sent me the 2 missing sprites, or should I just uninstall and reinstall again?
      Last edited by Yolky; August 12, 2009, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky View Post

Ok so I know that I am doing a good job at installing it. first I install the game, then the patch, then the mod, then the Apylton patch correct? That is what I did. I guess when I install the AE patch it just overwrites everything in CtP2 correct? Because when I clicked on the mod manager it didn't ask me if I wanted the AE patch to desk top. I just clicked on start CtP2 and it started up.

Is this the correct way of installing it?

Also just wundering, so I don't screw anything up, would it be easier if someone sent me the 2 missing sprites, or should I just uninstall and reinstall again?
        Wait, what mod? I'm guessing whatever it is is causing the problem. You don't even need to install the activision patch, just the apolyton one.
        "

Comment

Working...
        X