• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks

how did I miss that.

Comment

• Got all the way to turn 500 with a x3 mod

and one of the enemies takes a city, and the game locks up. I can tell because I hear the sound of marching boots. I got past it once by ! to cheat mode, then going to that player that it freezes on, and not doing any action and ending his turn. Then I'd go back (!) to me and it would freeze on my next turn. I tried to repeat the above steps, but the second time when I end his turn without doing any actions, it locks up.

Comment

• Every few-tens turns game calculates turn very slowly in comparison to other turns. I read somewhere that it's normal. Can it be removed?

Comment

• The lag is when someone enters a goody hut and gets a unit, so over time as the huts are emptied, this will stop. There is no workaround though, other than going into the (CRA...)risk.txt files and dropping the percentage chance to 0.00
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• When I start research horse riding I can't build scouts. As like they became obsolete. Is it a bug?

Edit:
            But if I start research archery I still can build slinger.
            Last edited by Madlok; December 19, 2010, 21:52.

Comment

• Hi guys. I just started to read about Cradle, and I'm not sure how I missed it before. From the sounds of it,

1. It's a lot like AOM, but wtihout the Dark Ages.

2. Its meant to play for 300-500 turns, ie, not a full length game, but to get you up through the 1600's? However, you can keep playing to 2300 with the Epic game play option in the C3 Apolyton Pack Update

3. Any new techs, units, improvements are for the time period in 2, and nothing new added to the years past the 1600's?

Make sure I have the install correct..

1. AE version will work
              2. C3 Update from 5-31-09
              3. C3 Apolyton Pack Update 5-31-09
              4. C3 Timelines

Is that correct?

Thanks

Comment

• When I start research horse riding I can't build scouts. As like they became obsolete. Is it a bug?

Edit:
                But if I start research archery I still can build slinger.
                Scouts become obsolete because they are the earliest (but also weakest) flanker unit, and Jav Cavalry replace them. You can upgrade Scouts to Jav Cavalry, but the one nice thing about Scouts is that they do have stealth, and can see stealth units. So you may want to build some extras and not upgrade them. Since Scouts are so cheap, you have a limited window to build them. Diplomats/Slavers/Priests also can see stealth, but are also more expensive.

Slingers become obsolete once you finish researching archery...
                Last edited by hexagonian; December 21, 2010, 22:11.
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliviasdad View Post
                  Hi guys. I just started to read about Cradle, and I'm not sure how I missed it before. From the sounds of it,

1. It's a lot like AOM, but wtihout the Dark Ages.

2. Its meant to play for 300-500 turns, ie, not a full length game, but to get you up through the 1600's? However, you can keep playing to 2300 with the Epic game play option in the C3 Apolyton Pack Update

3. Any new techs, units, improvements are for the time period in 2, and nothing new added to the years past the 1600's?

Make sure I have the install correct..

1. AE version will work
                  2. C3 Update from 5-31-09
                  3. C3 Apolyton Pack Update 5-31-09
                  4. C3 Timelines

Is that correct?

Thanks
                  My suggestion is NOT to use the Apolyton Pack (i.e. Source Code) project with Cradle unless you are comfortable with trying to get the files to work with the current Source Code build, and you are willing to ask Maq or Martin for assistance if something does not work. The AP files that are posted are keyed into a version of the Source Code that is about 2 years old, so I cannot promise that it will be compatible anymore.

Make a separate installation of CTP2 exclusively devoted to Cradle. Install the following in the specified order.
                  1. Activision Patch
                  2. Modswapper 1.12
                  3. Cradle Full Installation
                  4. Cradle Update (non-Apolyton version)
                  5. Cradle Timelines

Make sure you read the readmes for more specifics.

The same setup for the LOTR Mod - devote a separate installation to that specifically.
                  1. Activision Patch
                  2. Modswapper 1.12
                  3. LOTR Full Installation

Comment

• Thanks Hexagonian. I was confused with all of the different postings. However, it may be I'm still trying to recover from vacation last week

Comment

• Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
                      Slingers become obsolete once you finish researching archery...
                      That's ok. But scout become obsolete when I start research and, until I don't finish this research, I can't build scout nor javelin cavalry.

I was looking in the files. I found the scout, his name in files is "swordsman". But I can not understand why it becomes obsolete when I start to research horse riding, instead of when research is done.

Comment

• Modswap Install Help

I downloaded ModSwap from weplayciv. I then made a copy of my CTP directory and called it Call to Power2 - Cradle. I pointed the installer to that directory, however, it fails to install. Looking at the log file, it looks like it is it is getting confused with the directory I have my CTP directory in.

Here is the full path of my Cradle directory;

F:\Program Files\Activision Value\Cradle

I would attach log file, but having trouble, here are the contents;

%% PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY OR DELETE THIS FILE! %%
                        %% This file contains information about the installation of an application. %%
                        %% It will be used to automatically remove all application components from your computer if you choose to do so. %%

NOTE: Beginning of the bootstrapper section

CONFIG: Title: "CTP2 Modswapper 1.12"

ACTION: TempFile: "C:\Windows\SETUP1.EXE"
                        (File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)

ACTION: RegKey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion", "SharedDLLs"

ACTION: SharedFile: "C:\Windows\System32\VB5StKit.dll"
                        (File currently on disk was already up to date)

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\MSVBVM50.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\StdOle2.tlb"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\OleAut32.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\OlePro32.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\AsycFilt.dll"

NOTE: The file 'Ctl3d32.dll' was not copied because it is intended for use under Windows NT 3.51 only. It is not needed under Windows 95 or NT 4.0.

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\Ctl3d32.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\Windows\System32\ComCat.dll"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\Windows\system32\MSVBVM50.dll"

ACTION: TLBRegister: "C:\Windows\system32\StdOle2.tlb"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\Windows\system32\OleAut32.dll"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\Windows\system32\OlePro32.dll"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\Windows\system32\ComCat.dll"

NOTE: End of the bootstrapper section

NOTE: Now spawning the main Setup program 'C:\Windows\SETUP1.EXE'....

ACTION: ShellFolder: "CTP2 Modswapper"

*** ERROR: Setup is about to replace a pre-existing file(s). This may cause loss of data for an existing application.
                        *** ERROR: Cancel setup?
                        *** ERROR: (User Responded with 'Yes')
                        *** DURING THIS ACTION: PrivateFile: "f:\Program Files\Activision Value\Call To Power 2 - Cradle\MODSWAP.exe"

*** ERROR: Please run setup again and select a new location for application files.
                        *** ERROR: (User Responded with 'OK')
                        *** DURING THIS ACTION: PrivateFile: "f:\Program Files\Activision Value\Call To Power 2 - Cradle\MODSWAP.exe"

*** ERROR: CTP2 Modswapper 1.12 Setup was not completed successfully.
                        *** ERROR: (User Responded with 'OK')
                        Any help would be great.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Madlok View Post
                          That's ok. But scout become obsolete when I start research and, until I don't finish this research, I can't build scout nor javelin cavalry.

I was looking in the files. I found the scout, his name in files is "swordsman". But I can not understand why it becomes obsolete when I start to research horse riding, instead of when research is done.
                          I think I figured it out...are you playing Timelines?
                          ADVANCE_HORSE_RIDING is part of the original Cradle tech tree, and it is a gateway to a variety of other techs. I needed to maintain those gateways, so I created a pair of secondary Advances in Timelines that follows the original (ADVANCE_HORSE_RIDING_H, renamed 'Horse Riding' for civs that can create mounted units, and ADVANCE_HORSE_RIDING_M, named 'Ritual Combat' for Mesoamerican civs that cannot create mounted units). ADVANCE_HORSE_RIDING (now labeled 'Animal Breeding' in Timelines) remains the obsolete for Scouts, because I thought there could only be a single obsolete advance for a unit, and I wanted all civs to have access to that unit.

I downloaded ModSwap from weplayciv. I then made a copy of my CTP directory and called it Call to Power2 - Cradle. I pointed the installer to that directory, however, it fails to install. Looking at the log file, it looks like it is it is getting confused with the directory I have my CTP directory in.
                          Try this...and make sure you have installed the Activision patch first

1. Rename your Cradle folder back to Call To Power 2, or whatever it originally was.
                          2. Temporarily rename any other CTP2 installations you may have to something else. When you have done all the following steps, reame them back.
                          3. Try installing Modswapper...it should install into that Cradle folder.
                          4. After installing everything, rename that Cradle folder back to Call to Power2_Cradle, and create a shortcut of the Modswapper program in that folder onto your desktop.
                          5. Load the CD into your drive, but do not launch the game from the disk. Doubleclick on the Modswapper icon to select Cradle play options.

It may also be that using a dash ( - ) in the name causes problems. I use underscores for naming ( _ )

If it does not install, PM me and I will send you my copy of Modswapper. Perhaps the weplayciv copy is corrupt.
                          Last edited by hexagonian; December 22, 2010, 23:31.

Comment

• Got it. Not sure what the issue was, but I didn't realize that I already had Modswapper installed in my patched vanilla CTP folder. I'll give this a try today.

Thanks

Comment

• Let me know what you think of the game design...

Comment

• I will. Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, and probably wont until after the weekend, but I will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X