No announcement yet.

Cradle III...the download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure key presses can be triggered as long as the shortcut key stays the same, so maybe something to add for the next version.

Right now I'm reorganising and adding unit bonuses to the AE. Stuff like ranged bonuses for units ranged attacking/bombarding a city, or no defence bonuses (ala Chariots in civ4). Basically I'm copying a whole lot from civ4.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
      ...Basically I'm copying a whole lot from civ4.
      as did I...

I haven't started an actual game yet...I've been more interested in seeing how everything ties together, as well as tracking down and fixing some Cradle specific issues not related to the AE (fixed some ingame messages, adding the VictoryEnslavement percentage chance to Praetorians and Janissaries to further tone down slavery, adjust Pastures/Farms, and other fixes)

I did notice this bug though...the turn to complete an item numbers above the city labels do not seem to be in sync with the actual time. When you click on them, they do correct themselves, but hit endturn and they go out of sync again. In the case of a Nomad, the turns were +10 from the actual completion time.

My other concern has to do with overall stability. I'm hoping that the game does not consistently crash, something that has not been a big problem with Cradle.

So far, I really like what I have seen in the AE. Getting rid of the lag times for units gained from a goody hut is a much-needed benefit, and the interface redesign is very nicely done.

I've already altered the splash screen to fit Cradle.
      Attached Files
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
        as did I...

I didn't appreciate how good the Civ4 tech tree was until recently. They really put a lot of thought into the balance and flow of it all.

My other concern has to do with overall stability. I'm hoping that the game does not consistently crash, something that has not been a big problem with Cradle.

The slic apart (that may still need some tweaking here and there) it should be more stable now if anything. If you do get a crash then post the crash.txt and we can fix it.

I've already altered the splash screen to fit Cradle.

Very nice
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

hey all.. Looks like every time i play a new sid meyer civilization game i remember how great CTP2 is. And since civilization Revolution i cant stop thinking about it.

I would like to try the new craddle III but i keep getting file not avaible from the link in the first post. Anyone can give me a hand?

Thanks in advance
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Try this...

Located here...
            Cradle III and Updates
            Last edited by hexagonian; August 3, 2009, 20:42.
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

CRADLE III UPDATE - 3.03 (08-08-09)
              Requires Cradle III (05-31-09), Official Activision CTP2 Patch and Modswapper

FIXES, ADDITIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS:
              Misc:
              - Add EPIC gameplay option - 2300 AD
              - Activate Etruscan Feats ingame messages
              - Spelling errors in traits SLIC file
              - Great Library fixes
              - Name fix: ADVANCE_RELIGION ''Religion''
              - Name fix: ADVANCE_POLYTHEISM ''Polytheism''

Tile Improvements:
              - Farms now limited to Grasslands (+10 - Food) and Deserts (+5 - Food)
              - Pastures limited to Plains, and all Hill types (+10)
              - Reduce Road Movement from (3x) to (2x)
              - Add Stone Road (Movement - 3x)
              - Small gold bonus for all Roads/Stone Roads/Rails (to simulate better trade)

Risks:
              - Reduce chances for Nomads in ruins by 5%
              - Block free Slavemasters from ruins

CRADLE III APOLYTON PACK UPDATE - 3.03 (08-08-09)
              Use this file if you want to use the Apolyton Pack features for a Cradle game.
              Warning: Only two gameplay options launch through the Apolyton Pack (Options: Government-Specific and Epic), so discard the following files from the original download.
              - Cradle_IIA_gamefile.txt
              - Cradle_IIB_gamefile.txt
              - Cradle_IIID_gamefile.txt
              - Cradle_IIIE_gamefile.txt

Cradle III can be played with or without Modswapper. To play without Modswapper, see installation instructions below...

1. Unzip Cradle files on your hard drive

2. Create a folder in the CtP2 folder, named:
              - CradleIII
              The CradleIII folder is just like a ctp2_data folder, with the Cradle "default" and "english" folders placed in that CradleIII folder.

3. You will need to tell the game to load CradleIII for it's data first, rather than the original ctp2_data. You do this by adding this line in \ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt:
              RuleSets=..\..\CradleIII
              (..\..\ is the folder path on your hard drive)

Warning: I have not tested Cradle III extensively with the Apolyton Pack, so games may crash if using that version. Report all game crashes in the Source Code Project forum...there is a Cradle thread for reports.

Also includes previous posted update, below:
              ===================================
              CRADLE III UPDATE 3.02 (07-03-09)

FIXES AND ADJUSTMENTS:
              - Watchtower tooltip picture
              - Mounter Archer bombards
              - Great Library info
              - Removes Slavemaster Unit
              - Battle Slavers limited to the following units
              Great House
              Sargon/Alexander/Hannibal/Caesar/Saladin/Ghengis
              Wonder Units
              Khufu/Pacal
              - Adjust AI Government Priorities

NEW FEATURES:
              - Civilization Traits for all civs
              - Civilization Golden Ages for all civvs
              - Dark Ages for some civs
              - 3 Playing Options
              Government-Specific Units
              Fast Advances

Unzip file and overwrite existing files. You will need to start a new game, as this update probably is not compatible with old Cradle III 3.02 saved games.

Update located here...

Last edited by hexagonian; August 8, 2009, 15:54.

Comment

You have caught my attention, Hexagonian.

I never thougth CTP 1 and 2 were developed to their full potential.

K... so please tell me what is MODSWAPPER so I can successfully download your updates?

Live long and prosper.

Comment

Modswapper...

Comment

Many thanks.

Live long and prosper.

Comment

• So I've been playing your game modded with the tech's costing x6 as long, and the diffdb ages x6 #of turns per age, and 2,2,1,1,1 yrs/trn per age (starting in -4000). I've experiemented with x12, x10, x8. X6 seems to be the most agreeable.

The higher multiplications can leave you with too many units where you have to stop production on all your cities while your waiting for a new tech that could be 100 turns away (not to mention adjusting your empire taxation to manage unhappiness/production which in the end affects your science production).

I've done this increase in science cost mod since civilization, and civ2, and with AoM (it's the reason I stopped playing civ3, you can't do it in civ3), AoM was a biznich to setup though because of all his .slc files referencing specific .gyear's. This mod gives for a way more epic game. I'm on turn 220, and I just got slavers. Avg # of turns to acquire a new advance is about 30 at this point (running 15/10max cities).

Either way I love the CradleIII mod. Less fluff, more filler.

I finally got ctpedit to work to make the x6's go by fast, I tried the db tool, didn't work too well (though it looked promising).

Here's the mod, using the pheonix epic from AE (should work in the non AE version as well).

a future project I intend on implementing is putting the civ worker into cradleiii, the only problem with this is 1. it's hard to do because I have to use textdiff with pspad with original gamefiles to figure out what I need to extract and put into cradle, and 2. the computer doesn't use this unit (at least to my knowledge), and 3. Any updates to cradleiii, I'll probably have to do it all over again (of course I could just keep the textdiff's in their own folder so I can apply them universally later). A good way to get around this is to just use a nomad, build a city, build improvements, disband city.
                      Last edited by thistleknot; November 14, 2009, 11:46.

Comment

• You may also need to consider increasing the costs of units to compensate. Or reduce upkeep costs.

Are you playing with the Gov-specific unit game option? This will help clear out extra units too...

Any thoughts on the new features in Cradle?

Comment

• new features

I don't really know what the new features would be. I was about to comment on the slaver, but realized the slaver isn't the same as the slavemaster. I noticed there's an emphasis on hero type units. I killed one. hehe.

I didn't want to mess with unit upkeep cost. I only wanted the tech slower, everything else about gameplay was fine with me. I missed the old ultra gigantic maps you had in the 1st cradle tho. Those were awesome.

You know, I did like the mimicking of the different ages, dark and golden ages.

okay, i noticed the slavers role is modified with copper smelting. I thought it would just give me a new unit, slavemaster.
                          Last edited by thistleknot; November 14, 2009, 20:10.

Comment

• you know, your traits. I don't know how to edit those. They got specific turns to them. Generally my rule of thumb is if it's less than 100, leave it alone, but you got some triggering at turn 350. So I'm thinking maybe I should just extend them until the end of the game (roughly 4200 turns). I'm wondering if there's an easier way to edit them than creating the new entry's. I'm talking the craslc_traits and craslc_traits2 files.

Comment

• okay, I so don't know if I did that right. I extended all instances in craslc_traits2 to happen every 100 turns up till 4200, and craslc_traits I just multiplied the turn reference by x6 (except the 1st one, which was left at 5 turns). Hopefully those events are supposed to happen historically in a very prolonged game.

same location (with updated .slc references)

my saved game still loaded, hopefully things didn't screw up too much, let me know if I got the craslc_traits done right. The highest turn reference I think was 500, which I set to 3000.
                              Last edited by thistleknot; November 14, 2009, 19:36.

Comment

• I have to say, AoM enemy was harder

AoM would stack up 12 units together to attack me. When I'm in cradle, they'll have stacks of 12, but split them up when I'm in their territory. Makes no sense.

Also, an odd flaw I was able to take advantage of. Retreating gave me full health to my surviving units. 2 stacks of 10+ units against a city meant an easy win.

Comment

Working...
                                X