• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy Problem

Originally posted by aneeshm
    To continue from the other thread:

???

I've never run up against this limit.
    It's a large data file being output by a monte carlo generator.

Now I have to split the output, run it through some other analyses and remerge the results.

Very annoying.

To solver:

As far as the filesystem is concerned, I think it's an old version of NFS. I'm not an admin and they move slowly around here, so it's not going to get upgraded any time soon.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Spy Problem

OK, so I'm running the Apolyton mod in CTP2. I am playing my first game at the hard level, and managed to get myself pretty far behind the rest of of the countries as far as technology goes. So, I figure I'll just steal my way up the ladder to catch them. My spies stole a couple technologies, but now it seems they can't. Whenever I attempt to steal a technology from a city, it puts an X on the city and gives the cash register sound. I know they still have many more technologies left to steal. What gives?

Also, on a possibly related note, my treasury keeps going down at light speed for no apparent reason. It gets close to zero, then works its way back up to maybe $2000 over a couple turns, then falls off again. This might be related, or I might have managed to overextend my finances somehow.

Are either of these a glitch, or is there something I'm missing.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Re: Spy Problem

Originally posted by eocoolj
      OK, so I'm running the Apolyton mod in CTP2. I am playing my first game at the hard level, and managed to get myself pretty far behind the rest of of the countries as far as technology goes. So, I figure I'll just steal my way up the ladder to catch them. My spies stole a couple technologies, but now it seems they can't. Whenever I attempt to steal a technology from a city, it puts an X on the city and gives the cash register sound. I know they still have many more technologies left to steal. What gives?

Also, on a possibly related note, my treasury keeps going down at light speed for no apparent reason. It gets close to zero, then works its way back up to maybe $2000 over a couple turns, then falls off again. This might be related, or I might have managed to overextend my finances somehow.

Are either of these a glitch, or is there something I'm missing.

Thanks for your help!
      It costs 2000 gold each time you try to steal a tech.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

i am an idiot. So, basically, if you have less than 2000, it wont let you try to steal? Makes sense. I should have figured as much. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X